Can i burn game cube games

hey all hows it goin?does anybody know if i can burn gamecube games?if so could you please tell me how its done?thanks

You can burn em, but you can’t copy em. And you need a mod chip and either mini DVD-Rs or to take your case off.

i really dont understand what you are sayin.if i was to try to copy a gamecube game would i be able to do it?i use dvd shrink and nero to burn.if you could explain in laymans terms i would appreciate it.thanks

If I remember correctly, gamecube games don’t use standard DVDs. They are custom mini-dvds that aren’t even available in consumer writable form. You can probably use some raw bit-by-bit read mode to image the original games with your computer dvd reader, but that won’t do squat unless you get the cube to understand standard mini-dvds, which will require partial disassembly of the console and installation of a mod-chip.

Yeah use that it will work wonders on your games :disagree: To play copied games your going to have to mod your console ie get a chip and weld/clip it into the motherboard of your console, basically its all a bad idea if you got no clue what your doing . . .

I’d also be interested to know more about this. I realise that hacking the hardware is required and it’s probably against forum rules to discuss it, but can anyone tell me what’s involved as far as making a backup of the games is concerned? Can Gamecube discs be read in a regular DVD-ROM drive? Does any software exist that is designed for the purpose of backing up Gamecube games?

The easiest way to find this stuff out is to go to a dedicated website for it, this site is for CD/DVD rather than game hacking. Easiest way to find out if what you want to do is possible is go to your favourite P2P and see if you can find any games to download, as if you can copy them you can download them to (i recommend eMule) If you actually find a some gamecude games then the process is possible and if your really lucky the files will be tagged with some random website address on the end - if you go there you should get lucky and find everything you need to know.

I don’t know how they’re copied, but I’m near positive it involves software that needs to be run on the GameCube that sends the game data to a PC via the ethernet adapter. You definitely can’t read a GameCube disc in your PC DVD-ROM drive.

But they exist out there as ISOs, as do mod chips, which are required in pretty much every console to play backups. People either write them to mini DVDRs, take off the GameCube case and write them to a full size DVDR, or purchase a modified GameCube case with a larger lid that can fit a full size DVD inside.

how about ps2 games

i happen to know off hand you can definitely copy and download these games (and no i dont own a ps2) you will need to mod it tho’ think www.modchips.com can supply you with what you need or they could the last time i heard . . .

ahem

AFAIK, the only way to play “backup” gamecube games is to download the image (illegal), run an emulator on your PC that pretends to be an online server (legal), and then run a networked game on the GameCube, giving it your PC’s address as the network server (sketchy), then the PC sneakily tricks the GC into running the new game (VERY sketchy). Some people have great luck with it, but only some games work this way. :frowning:

Yeah, that was the old way. There are now a number of modchips that will boot games off DVD-Rs.

Oh. Good to know :slight_smile: I didn’t actually know the cube had an ethernet port…

But they exist out there as ISOs, as do mod chips, which are required in pretty much every console to play backups. People either write them to mini DVDRs, take off the GameCube case and write them to a full size DVDR, or purchase a modified GameCube case with a larger lid that can fit a full size DVD inside.

So the internal drive can read standard size discs if you take the cover off? Isn’t it made especially for mini-sized ones?

It doesn’t. It’s an add on you have to buy.

It can only read as far out as a mini DVD, of course.

Can a standard size drive be hacked in?

I don’t think so.

GameCube

Info:

The GameCube uses 8cm (centimeters for all you people who don’t use the globally accepted metric system and still live in the middle ages) DVD’s.
Approximately 1.4 Gigabytes on them.
These discs can only be read by a gamecube. (There is no sense in trying other devices, really).

Le Backup:

You would require a transferring method to transfer the data from the cube (the reader) to your computer (where hopefully a dvd writer is built in. If not, do so now)

How?

You can buy a GameCube broadband adapter. This is a fancy schmancy name for a Network Interface Card that runs 10Megabits. A PCI card would cost about $4, the GameCube Broadband Adapter can run up to $70.

This GameCube broadband adapter can transfer the data for you to your pc!

But i see no copy function on my cube!

That’s right. Nintendo didn’t built in this feature. You are required to make it yourself.
This can be done by soldering a mod chip in your cube. In addition to voiding all warranty and do dangerous stuff with solder iron and expensive chips you bypass the standard instruction set and add/disable other instructions, such as checking if the disc is a legitemate copy and/or transferring data from a disc to your computer via the ftp protocol. Remember that most chips come up empty, so you will need to flash some really fancy ultra cool binary file in it that will do all that stuff for you!

Cool! Tell me where to get it!

No, that’s illegal. Hunt down the internet, do your homework in the dark and eat your pizza with a plastic spoon. Work secretly and use your mad l33t google skills.

Aww come on!

Seriously… no…

Can’t i just download ISO’s from some spooky bittorrent wares site?

That’s even more illegal. Stop asking the obvious.

Oh, and don’t pm me about this (that’s private messaging, but don’t).

PlayStation 2

See GameCube but change the following things:

all Cube and GameCube words should now be read as PlayStation 2
all Nintendo words should now be read as Sony
8cm to 12cm.
1.4 Gigabytes to 4.5 Gigabytes
PlayStations already have their own broadband adapter, so you don’t need to buy one.

Xbox

See GameCube but change the following things:

all Cube and GameCube words should now be read as Xbox
all Nintendo words should now be read as Microsoft
8cm to 12cm.
1.4 Gigabytes to 4.5 Gigabytes
Xboxes already have their own broadband adapter, so you don’t need to buy one. This one is 100Mbits! Pretty cool eh!?

Additional programs

Do i need attional programs?

Yes

Where can i find them

Hunt down the internet, do your homework in the dark and eat your pizza with a plastic spoon. Work secretly and use your mad l33t google skills.

Aww come on!

Seriously… no…

Can’t i just download ISO’s from some spooky bittorrent wares site?

That’s even more illegal. Stop asking the obvious.

Oh, and don’t pm me about this (that’s private messaging, but don’t).