Can I burn a region2 DVD to a region4 DVD?

Hi all.

I just brought some Sherlock Holmes DVD’s. They are in PAL format which is fine but are Region2. My DVD player (non PC) is a region4.

Are there any ways or programs I can use to copy them (burn) onto a DVD but in region4 format? I would rather watch them on my standalone DVD rather than through the PC DVD.

Comments appreciated.

If the disc is single layered, then you can do this:

Assuming you have a DVD Burner available, then you can use DVD Decrypter in ISO mode to rip the DVD onto your hard disc in a region free .iso file. And then you can use DVD Decrypter again to burn the .iso to a blank PAL DVD that will play in all regions.

If the disc is double layered, then you will need to use DVDShrink or a similar tool to re-author it down to 4.38 GB, and then burn it to a DVD.

Or if you want something that is very simple and easy to use then Any DVD and Clone DVD can make a back up of your originals and it will also play in all regions

I believe…regionfree will also help you make this fly pretty painlessly…:slight_smile:

Have you not thought of unlocking your DVD player so it will play all DVD’s (ie region free) try looking here to see if there is a way to unlock your DVD player, or just post your make / model and I’ll have a look for you if you can’t find anything.

Good to see ya JBW!

That was one useful link, spent the last hour in the FAQ…after lookingup my set top to region free it.

thanks alot man…:slight_smile:

Glad to be of service ZZM :bigsmile: , I like that new Avatar of yours, SWEET. :stuck_out_tongue: