Can i burn a cd to a dvd-r disc?

vbimport

Sorry, this question will sound so retarded–I’ve got an HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10L ATA drive and want to burn a CD. The only discs I’ve got at hand are DVD-R, as I generally only burn DVDs and I can’t remember the last time i burned a CD.

So can I burn a CD onto a DVD-R disc so that it will be read as a CD? I know, the best solution would be to try, but I’m really poor and can’t afford to spoil a DVD-R disc, even as cheap as they are.

Thank you so much in advance for any info.

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

What kind of data do you want put on the disc? For example it is not possible to burn an audio CD on a DVD. It is possible to create an [U]audio DVD[/U], but it is a different thing.

Thank you geno888! You answered my question concisely. Guess i need to by some CD discs :(.

thanks again for the help!

For example it is not possible to burn an audio CD on a DVD. It is possible to create an [U]audio DVD[/U], but it is a different thing.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=cnabokov;2455897]Sorry, this question will sound so retarded–I’ve got an HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10L ATA drive and want to burn a CD. The only discs I’ve got at hand are DVD-R, as I generally only burn DVDs and I can’t remember the last time i burned a CD.

[B]So can I burn a CD onto a DVD-R disc so that it will be read as a CD?[/B] I know, the best solution would be to try, but I’m really poor and can’t afford to spoil a DVD-R disc, even as cheap as they are.

Thank you so much in advance for any info.[/QUOTE]

Nope, a cd media will always remain so and the same for a DVD.