Can I burn @8x on G04 with 811S?

Hi all,

I go to NewEgg.com, And I see a good price for LiteOn 811S (83$ + 4$ for shipping)

And I want to know, When I use Ritek G04 DVD+R Media, Can I burn it @ 8x ??

I need a DVD Writer for copy a movies, Do you think the LiteOn 811S is a best drive for that??
And I want to tell you i don’t have a DVD-ROM.

And only question please, When I have a DVD-ROM, Can I copy the movies direct to the DVD Blank??
And what abuout the time?? How long time it take??

Thank You

the maximum speed for G04 and any -R media on the 811 is 4x.

the 811 is very nice as long as u give it good discs to burn. if u can get the 851 for the same price or without any hassle, u may as well get that.

If u get a good rom drive (like the lite on 166) u can burn on the fly at 4x without any problems if the disc is ok.

4x burns take about 15 minutes on average. 8x burns take about 9-10 minutes.

Happy Burning.

Hi booma,
Thank you very much for all your help.
And thank you for reply.

O.K.
Let me ask you some questions please:
1 - What is the defferent between 811 AND 851 ???
2 - Is there a big different between LiteOn 811 or 851 And LiteOn 812 ( More than 8x dvd-r )?
3 - Can I burn Ritek DVD (+) R 4X @ 8x with good quality like Pioneer A07 ?
4 - Why I need a DVD-ROM (like the lite on 166) when I have a DVD Writer which have a DVD-ROM ???

And thank you very much
Doctor Aziz

1. 851S uses newer hardware and is better
  2. 812S, as rdgrimes put it, has “secret” capabilities (like a tiny chance that it might be upgradable to dual-layer)… if you don’t care about 8x -R or this remote possibility of a DL upgrade, then, by all means, get the 851S
  3. Yes. Though results vary from drive to drive and from media batch to media batch.
  4. For on-the-fly copying. If you already have a good reader, then no, you don’t need to get the 166.

Thank you very much.

But, Let me again ask some questions :bigsmile:
About 851, All DVD Writer I was seen is like that ( LiteOn 811 / 851 )… Is this what you mean?

And are you sure the LiteOn 812 will be upgradable to burn at a Dual Layer?? And when will be upgradable?

And for on-the-fly copying, How long time it take?
And if a didn’t use it, How long time it take?
Because I don’t have a DVD-ROM now :sad:

Thank You Very Much
Doctor Aziz

The 851S has the same specifications as the 811S. But it is a little newer and better than the 851S. I would choose the 851S over the 811S.

There is a chance that the 812S might be upgraded to DL, but right now, it’s only rumor and speculation. My guess is that it won’t happen, but neverthless, there is a small possibility.

I personally would not recommend copying-on-the-fly. Doing a rip-and-burn isn’t that much slower than copying on the fly. You probably will lose only a several minutes, depending on how fast the rip goes.

On the fly: i´m often copying from my internal notebook dvd-rom (teac 224E) on the fly to my 811s @4x. like code65536 said, it takes about 14-15 minutes und theres no need to make a image. On the fly you save up to 12 minutes. The results are flawless, quality is like burned from hd. I´m really pleased with it.

Hi all,

Thank you code65536 for you help, Thank you very much!

The 851S has the same specifications as the 811S. But it is a little newer and better than the 851S. I would choose the 851S over the 811S.

Is that mean the 851 better than 811 ??
Okey, Do you have a link for it in NewEgg.com ?
Because I find this for LiteOn:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=5&manufactory=1336&DEPA=0&sortby=14&order=1
Where is the 851 ?

And is there a big different between 812 And 851 ??
Because there is a 22$ different between its, That what I can buy LiteOn DVD-ROM 166 by it!

And then let me ash you again:
1 - Is the Ricoh 2.4x more better than Ricoh 4x when I wnat to burn @ 8x??
2 - Where I can found Ricoh media?
3 - And Ritek ( Ricoh ), Can I use Ritek 2.4x +R ( which NewEgg.com buy it ) and burn it @8 x ??
4 - How I can know if the Ritek media in NewEgg.com is Ricoh?

Thank you Crockett for your help!
There is a big different!!

Thank You Very Much
Doctor Aziz

And in the end, What about Pioneer A07 ?
Do you think it is better than LiteOn 851 ( Quality and Speed and use cheap media ! )
Is there a big different?

Thank you very much
Doctor Aziz

dont buy media from newegg get it from a media source such as
http://www.accaproducts.com/

then you have a better chance of getting what you want. i bought the sampler pack to test different media worth the 20$ if you ask me.

Hi all,

Let me ask you again:
1 - Can Ritek DVD+R 4.7G 2.4X burn at 8x with LiteOn 811 / 851, Which NewEgg.com buy it:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-132-308&depa=0

2 - And What about this :

( Ritek RiData 4x )

And I want to know is this media is good like Ritek:
Prodisc
OPTODISC
Samsung
Ritek RiData
( Please reset it by the good to the bad !! )

Thank You Jamos for your reply.
But what is the different between your site and NewEgg.com?
I think your site is good, But is accaproducts.com accept International Cards?
And what about the shipping to New York?

Thank You very much
Doctor Aziz

LiteOn 811s

Read speed_______40x (CD) / 12x (DVD)

Write speed_______40x (CD) / 4x (DVD-R) / 8x (DVD+R)

Rewrite speed_____24x (CD) / 2x (DVD-RW) / 4x (DVD+RW)

LiteOn 812s

Read speed______ 40x (CD) / 12x (DVD)

Write speed______ 40x (CD) / 8x (DVD+R) / 8x (DVD-R)

Rewrite speed____ 24x (CD) / 4x (DVD+RW) / 4x (DVD-RW)

LiteOn 851s

Read speed_______40x (CD

Write speed_______8x (DVD+R) / 4x (DVD-R) / 40x (CD)

Rewrite speed_____4x (DVD+RW) / 2x (DVD-RW) / 24x (CD)

Very little difference in price.

Originally posted by Doctor Aziz
[B]Hi all,

Let me ask you again:
1 - Can Ritek DVD+R 4.7G 2.4X burn at 8x with LiteOn 811 / 851, Which NewEgg.com buy it:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-132-308&depa=0

2 - And What about this :
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-132-325&depa=0
( Ritek RiData 4x )

And I want to know is this media is good like Ritek:
Prodisc
OPTODISC
Samsung
Ritek RiData
( Please reset it by the good to the bad !! )

Thank You Jamos for your reply.
But what is the different between your site and NewEgg.com?
I think your site is good, But is accaproducts.com accept International Cards?
And what about the shipping to New York?

Thank You very much
Doctor Aziz [/B]

Ritek RiData 4x - Get these over 2.4x media
Ritek DVD+R 2.4x - Overburning is never guaranteed to work. You have a decent chance they might work at 8x. Even better chance they will work at 4x. But you never know 100%.

Prodisc - Stay away
OPTODISC - Stay away
Samsung - Unkown

newegg has one of the top level’s of service of any retailer out there. Good choice.

@Jamos

What’s wrong with NewEgg? They have a very small media selection, but I like them because they have great prices and also because they’re probably the most trusted online retailer I know.

@Aziz

I have two reports from people that the RiData 4x +R discs they bought from NewEgg are RICOHJPNR01 and that they burn okay at 8x on the 851S.

After searching, there is one person online who said that the RiData 2.4x +R discs are RICOHJPNR00. They did not try burning it at 8x. rdgrimes and I have burned R00 discs okay at 8x on both the 811S and 851S, but these were R00 discs under the Fuji and Imation label, not the RiData label (I don’t know if there would be a difference). ALSO, rdgrimes reports that there are also RiData 2.4x +R discs that carry the RITEKR01 code (instead of the RICOHJPNR00 code) and we don’t have any idea if they will burn at 8x.

Hi all,

katz49, Thank you for your help.
But from your reply, What is the different between 811 And 851 ??
Is the different in Quality? Is it big?

Ssseth, Thank you for your reply.
And do you think the Ritek RiDATA 2.4x good or Ritek RiData 4x or the Ritek 4x for burn @ 8x ?? ( DVD + R )

code65536, Thank you for your help.

1 - What is the best to burn @ 8x,
Ritek RiData 4x +R

OR

OR

???

2 - What is the big different between 811 and 851, Because I can buy 811 Only !! Because I didn’t find 851 in NewEgg.com <— Only site which I can buy from!!

3 - Do you think the( LiteOn 812 ) is a good choice??
Or the ( LiteOn 811 + LteOn DVD-ROM 166 ) ??

4 - What about Pioneer A07 ?? Is the LiteOn 811 good quality with Ritek media like Pioneer A07 ??

Thank you very much
And I am sorry for this a lot questions!
Doctor Azhz

:slight_smile: