Can I burn 2 .ISO images into 1 DVD and have it play in a DVD player?

vbimport

Hey guys,

I am trying to burn 2 ISO images into 1 dvd and play it on a dvd player, is that possible? I have tried it and wasted 3 dvds so far… could some show me the steps on how to do it…

Thanks,

[QUOTE=burningdvd;2509640]
I am trying to burn 2 ISO images into 1 dvd and play it on a dvd player, is that possible?[/QUOTE]No. You need to reauthor the whole stuff.

Michael

You didn’t post the size of the 2 .iso files.
I agree with mciahel no in most cases.
I think with ImgBurn & a dual layer disc you might be able to burn one to each layer.
I’ve never tried it though.

I dont have the files on this computer but they are both less than the 4.7GB limit for the DVD.

So i am guessing that the re-authoring stuff takes too long and I should just burned them 1 by 1 right? :stuck_out_tongue:

A +R DL dvd is nominally 8.5gb, and actually holds about 7.96gb. A single layer dvd is nominally 4.7gb and holds 4.38. You can see that if these ISO files are very close to the limit of the size of a single layer dvd, they will not fit onto a DL dvd even when you reauthor. They might need compression as well.

Re-authoring is not very time consuming if you have the right tools. Re-encoding is much more so.

Just burn them onto individual single layer dvds.

Get a flipper and burn each iso at one side…

[QUOTE=burningdvd;2509640]Hey guys,

I am trying to burn 2 ISO images into 1 dvd and play it on a dvd player, is that possible?[/QUOTE] The problem here is the two menu’s (video dvds/movies) and the files that have the same name. Reauthoring is the only solution.

Just try and reauthor the stuff locally on some harddisk. Then try to play the newly created dvd with something like VLC player and see if you are happy with the results.

I will just burn them 1 by 1. I wanted to save some dvds but its not a big deal!

Thanks all!