Can I be using the incorrect settings in ConvertXtoDVD?

vbimport

I have used ConvertXtoDVD for the first time and it seems very easy. Anyway it converted my .avi files to DVD and the quality on my PC was great.

However, when played on the stand alone player on our TV, the audio and the picture was choppy. When reading our Toshiba player manual, it says it can burn DVD-RW media, so that’s what I used. I tried it first on a DVD+RW and that was the same, picture and audio choppy.

I have a feeling I may have used incorrect settings for instance: I set the quality to medium, and the encoding I set to DVD-9. Could that have been the problem on playback? Should I have used high quality and DVD-5 instead?

By the way, I am using Imation DVD+ RW’s which are manufactured by Phillips and have very good results when playing on my PC. When I used DVD Identifier on the DVD-R, it showed the manufacturer as Optodisc, even though it was also an Imation. (WalMart brand).

Hi,

Cheap media quality and/or burned too fast causes more issues than anything else.

Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, Maxell [B]made in Japan[/B] are 1st Class media.

Read this page, for full details !

Well I would always use ‘High Quality/Slow’, as far as DVDs I assume you are using standard SL blanks… DVD5.

By the way, I am using Imation DVD+ RW’s which are manufactured by Phillips and have very good results when playing on my PC. When I used DVD Identifier on the DVD-R, it showed the manufacturer as Optodisc, even though it was also an Imation. (WalMart brand).

How it plays on your PC has nothing to do with your set top, although it probably tells you the avi was properly converted.

As was mentioned try better discs, Walmart carries Verbatim which are excellent discs and very compatible with burners and set tops alike, more so than even the Taiyo Yudens.