Can EAC rip WAV to MP3?

vbimport

I just popped a regular CD into my CD-Rom drive to rip it to my hard drive as MP3 files, and when I did this I clicked on MP3 using EAC.

But, when it ripped the tracks they were all WAV files.
Anybody know whassup with this :confused:

There are two buttons one WAV and one MP3. Make sure you did click the right button.

After that check through the settings to makw sure an MP3 encoder has been selected.

Well, I did that and it still came out as WAV format.
But, that’s no longer a problem as I have a different program that works great - Alto MP3 Maker (a paid program I bought a couple of years ago.)

Cdex as I recommended to you earlier is worth a shot. It and EAC are as good as , if not better than, any bought application.

Perhaps you have not configured EAC to tell which mp3 encoder to use.

EAC does not have its own built in mp3 encoder. You have to either purchase or download a mp3 encoder. One of the most popular freeware encoders is called LAME, which works excellent with EAC.

I found a program that I purchased a couple of years ago in my programs folder called Alto MP3 Maker that rips anything you want into any format you want.

It requires nothing since it’s already got everything I need built right in.
I installed it and it works perfectly, so I won’t be using EAC anymore.

Then may i suggest you update your yearly old software to the Nov 05, 2006 of AltoMP3 Gold, version v5.12 ?

It requires nothing since it’s already got everything I need built right in. I installed it and it works perfectly, so I won’t be using EAC anymore.
shrugs EAC works perfectly fine here as well and didn’t cost me thirty bucks.

I’ve already emailed them for the new code for their new version.

$30 is nothing to me…I can afford it :bigsmile:

A workman is worthy of his hire, so I have no problem paying for a good product that works properly.

With the right information Exact Audio Copy can be easily configured for accurate MP3 rips with the Lame encoder. At the link below Chris Myden provides complete directions with convenient configuration (profile) files for your burner. Myden provides links for everything you need to download. Perfect results are easy to obtain. Before finding this site I struggled with EAC.

http://chrismyden.com/bestmp3guide.php

Well, I didn’t have any time for struggling so I installed the latest version of Alto MP3 Maker

It requires nothing since it’s already got everything needed for MP3 built right in. :iagree: