Can DvdFab Platinum do this?

I have a TV series, 4 episodic Dvds, forget about discs 3 & 4 for now. Disc 1 contains 3 episodes & disc 2 contains 4 episodes. The goal because of the size of each episode is to put 2 episodes per single layer disc. I have already done some research & found out in Customize Mode I could extract episodes 1 & 2 to a single file & preserve the menus, but then I would need to take episode 3 from disc 1 & episode 1 from disc 2. I am stuck on exactly how that could be done. I know I could do this in Dvd Shrink but with my research into this program, retaining the menus interests me which I couldn’t do in Dvd Shrink reauthor. :confused:

You can use DVDFab Merge mode, but it won’t have any menus either (like re-author).

i tried but failed to solve a similar problem last year, for a series which has 3 episodes per disc. Just “waste” half of a blank & go 2 episodes to 1st blank, 3rd episode only to 2nd blank etc.

Thank you for the feedback, it is appreciated. So am I right in thinking it would work with an even amount of episodes? If you have say four episodes on a disc, you can take 1 & 2 on one disc, then 3 & 4 on another, etc?

It’s been awhile since I’ve used the split function, it was never one of my favorites…a bit hit and miss, but that’s just me.
I actually use the customize mode but you’re correct in your thinking re: a 3 episode disc > to 2 SL discs, ie., split episode “2” in half so as not to have any compression at all.
I did this with 3 - episode discs of Nip and Tuck.
Use the [B]Advanced Title Settings [/B] feature in [B]Customize[/B] and configure your rips for disc “1” and disc “2”. You could rip these to your hdd first and “preview” the break, but you’re stuck with a break anyway as you swap out the discs when playing back.

You could also do as cybmole suggested, but I’d anticipate some compression on the 2 episode disc.

Yes, it’s much smoother with an even # of episodes. Again, my choice would be to use [B]Customize[/B], configure the rip to include episodes 1 & 2 for disc 1 and keep the menu as well. Do the same for disc 2, this time episodes 3 & 4 and again keep the menu.
The only drawback here is that the menu will only work for episodes 1 & 2 or 3 & 4 respectively.

I usually make a note with a sharpie right on the disc.

Hope this isn’t hopelessly confusing…:bigsmile:

I used the split function to split the 4 episodes per disc of LOST season 3 into two episodes per single-layer disc. I was able to preserve the menus on each disc. It worked fantastically well.

-IP

[QUOTE=IrishPrince;1982363]I used the split function to split the 4 episodes per disc of LOST season 3 into two episodes per single-layer disc. I was able to preserve the menus on each disc. It worked fantastically well.

-IP[/QUOTE]

:cool:
My hit and miss expriences date way back…maybe the split function is more stable now than I recall. After some inconsistent splits, I opt’d for manual, but like I said, I’m way out of practice with the split function.

Good to hear it worked for you and thanks for the feedback.

Interesting info, thanks.

@ maineman, not :confused: at all, j/k I understood it :smiley:

[QUOTE=beef barley;1982279]Thank you for the feedback, it is appreciated. So am I right in thinking it would work with an even amount of episodes? If you have say four episodes on a disc, you can take 1 & 2 on one disc, then 3 & 4 on another, etc?[/QUOTE]

yes - that works for me, I do it with customise, not with split, so that I can see exactly when I’m selecting for each disc- that way I can lose any intro or warning titles that I do not want to see.

Hi fellas. glad to find this thread and see your posts. Does the split feature work in .iso mode also, or just in file set? It wouldn’t split anything for me as the split screen would only show the 2 lil windows that supposedly would include how many mb in each disc. Btw I was trying to split State Of Play a BBC series. 3 episodes to each disc. ended up putting each episode separately w/customize. Any suggestions greatly appreciated as always. Thnx.