Can DVDFab Platinum be used without an internet connection?

Can I use DVDFab Platinum on a computer that is not connected to the Internet?

I would use another computer to download it and to check for updates?copy to CD-RW to use on the unconnected computer. DVDFab keeps trying to connect to Internet to send or receive info.

I would not want ANY information about ANYTHING I am doing on the unconnected computer to travel over the Internet

No comments about what I am doing on the other computer. What I am doing is legal but it’s no one else’s business.

First you have to buy it.

It calls home to check for a new version (you can turn this feature off in Common Settings). At one time the VSO burning engine reported burn success/failure to their database. Not sure if this is still the case.

[QUOTE=JoeBolden;1921738]Can I use DVDFab Platinum on a computer that is not connected to the Internet?

I would use another computer to download it and to check for updates?copy to CD-RW to use on the unconnected computer. DVDFab keeps trying to connect to Internet to send or receive info.

I would not want ANY information about ANYTHING I am doing on the unconnected computer to travel over the Internet

No comments about what I am doing on the other computer. What I am doing is legal but it’s no one else’s business.[/QUOTE]

YES you can use DVDFab without thge PC having an internet connection I have mine setup like that and have NO issues or problem :smiley:

[QUOTE=tgidday;1921740]First you have to buy it.[/QUOTE]
That doesn’t answer the question.

Of course there is a 30day trail before purchasing.

I am very skeptical of the Internet to protect my privacy.

I think the best way to purchase and use software like this and maintain privacy is to use a notebook at a free hotspot. Use a Linux self contained boot disc and flash USB drive disable hard drive.

Purchase a prepaid Visa or master Card debt card at a convent store with cash. $25, $50 or $100
Create a Name valid address (I use apt building) zip. Get a free email address.

Go to the card site to enable use on Internet they only require name & zip code.

Go to site download, register and purchase software get key.

Now use your flash drive to install on non Internet connected computer.

You could check from time to time at a hot spot to see if there is an update.

This should give you total guaranteed privacy from any detection from the Internet as far as what you are doing with that software program.

You (most people except for very knowledgeable users that have the best monitoring & analysis software) just never can know for sure who is snooping at your computer when connect to the Internet

So my question is. If I purchase this software can use it in the way I described?

2nd Question. Is there ANY way someone would be able to tell what DVD’s I was copying from any interaction between DVDFab Platinum & the Internet and database. Either at DVDFab.com, related site or anyone having access to the any point in the data connection?

DVDFab does NOT collect that kind of data. The VSO burning engine reports are (were) completely anonymous. I never connect to the internet or use other applications while running DVDFab.

[QUOTE=JoeBolden;1921738]Can I use DVDFab Platinum on a computer that is not connected to the Internet?

No comments about what I am doing on the other computer. What I am doing is legal but it’s no one else’s business.[/QUOTE]Read the FAQ’s + i have read you can run it on more than 1 pc but 1 at a time they say.

I only have Platinum on 1 pc right now but that is about to change soon.

Joe
your answer is in post 4 have a nice evening:flower:

For someone that claims they are using it for legal purposes you seem paranoid. Starting a bootleg business? They will just track you through your posts here. LMAO

[QUOTE=StormJumper;1921771]Joe
your answer is in post 4 have a nice evening:flower:[/QUOTE]

I see that now. Thank you. While I was typing that I got a phone call and didn’t check to see your reply before posting my reply.

BTW checkout the new movie Endgame about how a few rich people, powerful people and big corporations are planning for a New World Order and taking control and running just about everything. easy to find on P2P