Can DVDFab Convert a "Loose" .mpg File?

vbimport

I’ve used DVDFab to rip/copy/shrink several DVDs to 700-MB Xvid files, and it seems to work pretty well.

I also have a collection of “loose” MPEG2 files from my JVC Everio camcorder, average size about 4 GB, that I’d like to convert to Xvid for reduced-space archiving.

I can’t seem to find a way to designate an mpg file for conversion - DVDFab insists on having an actual DVD or a DVD image as the input. If I have to first create a DVD from my input file before converting, it’s not worth the trouble and I’d be better off finding another software. But it seems the capability is here if I can just get DVDFab to accept a single mpg file as the input source.

thanks!

dvdfab - no. but lots of other software does this for you - use google !

e.g. divx converter

What about “fooling” DVDFab - rename the file something with a vob extension and putting it in a folder that “looks like” a dvd?

I just really like the work flow and setup of DVDfab, and how I can specify final file size for the Divx result.

[QUOTE=funkychateau;2063348]What about “fooling” DVDFab - rename the file something with a vob extension and putting it in a folder that “looks like” a dvd?

I just really like the work flow and setup of DVDfab, and how I can specify final file size for the Divx result.[/QUOTE]

to make a folder that looks like a dvd- with .ifo & .bup fies, you would have to use a dvd creator program. fab will only work if the folder looks exactly like a dvd.

much lesss work to use e.g. divx converter, or AVIVO converter is you have ATI graphics. most converters have presets for different sizes / quality settings.