Can DVD Fab backup HD-DVD

Hi,

can anyone advise if DVD-Fab will backup an HD-DVD if I connect my xbox 360 HD-DVD drive to my vista pc, or will I need to use something else

thanks

I don’t think DVDFab no longer supports HD-DVD’s and Blu-Ray support is still in the early stages of development. Not sure though since I never went that route. I think AnyDVDHD still supports that format though if that helps.

thanks for info - mate of mine as let me know you can just drag and drop the folder contents and all seems to work

DVDFab can still copy HD-DVD in “Full Disc” mode.

[QUOTE=fengtao;2428931]DVDFab can still copy HD-DVD in “Full Disc” mode.[/QUOTE]

good to know as I myself wasn’t sure :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=fengtao;2428931]DVDFab can still copy HD-DVD in “Full Disc” mode.[/QUOTE]
Is there any trick to this?
I’m using 6.2.0.5 and I can’t get it to recognize HD-DVD’s although my computer can browse the disk.

[QUOTE=phantomIItech;2468840]Is there any trick to this?
I’m using 6.2.0.5 and I can’t get it to recognize HD-DVD’s although my computer can browse the disk.[/QUOTE]

Hi phantomIItech
Welcome to the forum :flower:

Are you using a registered version or the free HD Decrypter ?
also what is the DVD(title) are you trying to backup ? and what kind of trouble are you having during the process ?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2468855]Hi phantomIItech
Welcome to the forum :flower:

Are you using a registered version or the free HD Decrypter ?
also what is the DVD(title) are you trying to backup ? and what kind of trouble are you having during the process ?[/QUOTE]

I have a semi-registered version. I paid for the blu-ray to blu-ray function (which works nicely, by the way) and I still have about two weeks left on the free 30 day trial of the rest of the functions.

I have about a dozen HD-DVD titles that I am trying to rip to my PC as a prelude to converting to H264 so I can watch them on my popcornhour c-200 (It will play Blu-Rays, but not HD-DVD… Thus the need to convert).

Anyway, I’ve tried ripping “The Bourne Identity”, and “Van Helsing” so far. My DVD drive can see the disk and I can browse the files on the disk, but DVDFab does not see any movie files to rip. It just sort of stares blankly at me wanting me to insert a disk to read.

The Blu Ray laser is different than the HD-DVD Laser so it can not read it properly, you will need to have a HD-DVD Reader to get them.

[QUOTE=bean55;2468861]The Blu Ray laser is different than the HD-DVD Laser so it can not read it properly, you will need to have a HD-DVD Reader to get them.[/QUOTE]

As I said… The drive can read the HD-DVD’s handily (It’s a [SIZE=2]LG 6X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Model[/SIZE] GGC-H20L).

DVDFab just doesn’t recognize the disks.

[QUOTE=phantomIItech;2468866]As I said… The drive can read the HD-DVD’s handily (It’s a [SIZE=2]LG 6X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Model[/SIZE] GGC-H20L).

DVDFab just doesn’t recognize the disks.[/QUOTE]

Have you checked the firmware of the drive/burner to make sure it is up to date ? also what codec’s do you have installed ?

Also Blu Ray was not supported in the newest ver of DVDfab 6.2.0.5
Can you try ver 6.2.0.2 ? Maybe the HD part was turned off in it also.

Firmware is 1.03 (which is the latest according to LG’s web site).
As for codecs, heck if I know. Over the years I’ve installed lots of them but never kept track of which ones.
I currently don’t have any software to play back HD-DVD’s on my PC but that shouldn’t interfere with ripping them… Or does it?

No should not make a diff for ripping.

Reading this post fengtao said it worked back in Aug 2009 if you have vers 6.0.4.0 you can try it or something before then should work still.

Well, I installed 6.2.0.2 which didn’t fix my HD-DVD problem, but it DID expire what was left of my free trial on everything else.

Color me unhappy.

Sorry to hear that, can restore get you back?

I thought you might try it on a diff machine first, I always try new things on a diff computer or on my dual boot system first before adding to my main computer.

Well I give up.
It just does not work on HD-DVD’s regardless of the claims made.

I was considering AnyDVD HD but I only have about a dozen HD-DVD’s and I can replace them all with Blu-Rays for about the same price as AnyDVD and the Blu-Ray ripper works nicely in DVDFab so I suppose I’ll just go that route.

It would be nice if I could use the free trial of AnyDVD but sadly I had it installed previously and the trial period expired before I had any reason to attempt an HD-DVD rip. My previous media player would not do High Definition so I never bothered to try that option. I was hoping that a paid for version of DVDFab would do it, but it appears that’s not the case.

Anyway, thanks for the help. It was worth a try.