Can CloneDVD rip just the audio off of a DVD?

vbimport

Hello forum,

I am using the latest version of CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD and I was wondering, is it possible for CloneDVD to be able to rip just the audio from a DVD??? If this topic was asked before, could you please point me to the right direction? I am new to these forums.

Thank you.

I’m not sure, but I’m curious as to why you would want to? You’d just get dialogue and sound track. Just turn off the tv and leave the home theater on if it’s a music DVD. :bigsmile:

I would like to know how to copy just the audio off a music dvd like the Eagles Fairwell Tour dvd that came out not to long ago and convert it to wave format for playback on like a cd player for your home or car. Does anyone know how this can be done? I would really appreciate it. Thanks

@ TPLATZ,

Unfortunately CloneDVD is unable just to rip the audio tracks from a DVD.

If you are interested in just ripping the audio from a DVD there are numerous programs that are designed to do that. Suggest doing a Goggle (http://www.google.com) search for “DVD Audio Ripper” which will reveal numerous software programs specifically designed to rip the audio tracks from a DVD.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Have a look here

The DVD in question is an concert DVD. My wife would like to listen to the music from it on her mp3 player. :slight_smile: :bigsmile:

I have found a way using DVDDecryptor and headAC3he to do what I need. I was just kinda hoping that CloneDVD would at least get the AC3 information for me! :slight_smile:

I have had good results by playing the dvd on my desktop with Power DVD, and running Audiotools alongside, recording from the wave out mix. Files can be burnt to disk in various file types, including mp3. :slight_smile:

no clonedvd can’t do that…it’s a wonderful product just as is…
but there are answers to your question…

i’ve always wanted to be able to rip just the audio off of a dvd…there was a talking heads film a few years ago…called ‘stopping making sense’…a filmed concert…i was finally able to rip just the audio from the dvd…so i could have the mp3s for my car and home stereo…i use a product…this is no endorsement or advertisment…called xilsoft audio dvd ripper…it does everything that i want it to…do a goodle search for audo dvd rippers…there’s plenty of them listed…not sure if there’s any freeware…but they all don’t cost very much…

Well the DVD in question was Stop Making Sense. :slight_smile:

Although I did not use an easy program, I was able to get the audio off the disc.

I used DVDDecrypter and headAC3he. Then split the result in a wave editing program that Nero has. Worked pretty well. But if I need to do this again, I may want to look at some of the programs that others mentioned. Thanks for the straight answer to the question!

It can not, but you can use DVD Audio Extractor ("…DVD Audio Extractor is a software DVD audio extracting / ripping tool. It can help you to extract sound tracks from your favorite DVDs and save them as OGG, MP3 or Wave files. DVD Audio Extractor can also demux audio streams directly to LPCM wav, mpg, ac3 or dts files…).

You can download it here: http://www.castudio.org/download.htm

Thank you all who replied with their methods! I appreciate them! :slight_smile:

I think DVD Audio Ripper may do the job you’re looking for. :iagree: http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-audio-ripper.html

Thanks, the next time I need to do this, I will try out the suggested programs!!!

You can rip just the audio using DVD Decrypter, with streaming enabled, uncheck all but the audio stream you want. You can then burn it to dvd as a video dvd and listen to it as audio only in your dvd player.