Can Clone DVD 2 be used to burn non-movie files like mp3, avi, etc?

vbimport

Can Clone DVD 2 be used to burn non-movie files like mp3, avi, etc? Not to create them, just used as a buring aplication for already created files.

Originally posted by Vanderlow

Can Clone DVD 2 be used to burn non-movie files like mp3, avi, etc?
Not to create them, just used as a buring aplication for already created files.

You have a variety of options to select from:

[B] - transform DVD files into an ISO/UDF image

• burn DVD files onto a DVD-Recordable
  • burn an ISO/UDF image onto a DVD-Recordable[/B]

Write Existing Data

It has never worked for me with AVI files unless I am missing a step :confused:

MadBurner

Even if it could…why??:slight_smile:

The drive you have may or may not have come bundled with burning software, like Nero. Nero kicks butt for burning data and other types of cd’s/dvd’s.

If it was a bare drive, and you don’t want to buy anoter app…burnatonce is a really great freeware app that can burn data cd’s and dvd’s…plus a whole lot more…you can get it here :cool:

Originally posted by Mad Burner

It has never worked for me with AVI files
That’s exactly what my point was.

The reason I ask is sometimes you get makes of DVDrs that aren’t the very compatiable with your burner and sometimes the difference on whether you get a successful burn/read at the end is the burning app. So that’s why I ask. and the last button on the main menu says: write existing “data”, so I figure whats easier then writing files then “as is” not converting them, just laying them done as they are.

So just to make it clear, is the bottom button - write existing data - (which sounds like an “as is” application) and then DVD movies files (top radio button) the same as laying down files “as is” - if so maybe they should change the wording to include “data files” after all it would also give CloneDVD an “all in one” package some people prefer.

He needs to add the word “data” to that top radio button to read “DVD movies files or existing DVD data files”.

Originally posted by BoSkin
That’s exactly what my point was.

Sorry BoSkin, I did not realize that :slight_smile:

MadBurner

Originally posted by Mad Burner

Sorry BoSkin, I did not realize that :slight_smile:

LOL. it’s a misunderstanding and I simply confirmed your words by that phrase
w no intention of causing you any troubles.

Cheers ! :wink: