Can burn some movies, but not others

hello i’m new to the forum. i’m having trouble burning dvds and it is bothering the hell out of me lol i recently started using using dvdfab version 6

i use the hd decrypter and the dvd to dvd function
i’m using verbatim dvd+r dual layer discs so that i can burn the movies at 100%
my dvd drive is a matshita dvd-ram uj850s version 1.61 which i’ve read can be very unreliable but i have the verbatim discs so i thought my problem would be solved

i can copy the discs up to 100% fine but when it comes to burning them it says failed to burn error code 112 so as far as i know its my drive. but i can burn some movie and not others i’m trying to burn ice age 2 which just won’t burn but i burned curious cse of benjamin button no problem. and i looked all over the internet to see if theres a firmware update but i couldn’t find a link or anything

please help i’m close to tossing my laptop out a window lol

[QUOTE=justchillin;2293681]hello i’m new to the forum. i’m having trouble burning dvds and it is bothering the hell out of me lol i recently started using using dvdfab version 6

i use the hd decrypter and the dvd to dvd function
i’m using verbatim dvd+r dual layer discs so that i can burn the movies at 100%
my dvd drive is a matshita dvd-ram uj850s version 1.61 which i’ve read can be very unreliable but i have the verbatim discs so i thought my problem would be solved

i can copy the discs up to 100% fine but when it comes to burning them it says failed to burn error code 112 so as far as i know its my drive. but i can burn some movie and not others i’m trying to burn ice age 2 which just won’t burn but i burned curious cse of benjamin button no problem. and i looked all over the internet to see if theres a firmware update but i couldn’t find a link or anything

please help i’m close to tossing my laptop out a window lol[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, good media won’t correct for a bad or dicey drive.

I’d check around (and with your laptop Mfr.) to see if they have a better drive available for your machine. If so, replace it, and that should solve your problem.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2293707]Unfortunately, good media won’t correct for a bad or dicey drive.
:)[/QUOTE]

Agreed…
Personally, I’d look for a decent external burner (or internal burner in external case…be certain it has usb 2.0 connectivity).
Laptop replacements are typically “pricey” and slimline burners are poor performers anyway.

Fengtao customarily referrs to your burner brand as Mat[B]SHIT[/B]a.
He used to have a disclaimer on his homepage essentially stating he would not support this make burner.

Do yourself a favor and add an external.
I’d also recommend dumping VSO as your burn engine and switch to Img.

If you’d like some specific feedback about your problems, please post a burn log or two.

The default location is:
[B]C:\Documents and Settings[I]Administrator Name[/I]\My Documents\DVDFab\Log[/B]

Let’s get you back to [B]justchillin [/B]…:stuck_out_tongue:

thank you guys i really appreciate it…any suggestions on brand names for burners?

[QUOTE=justchillin;2294615]thank you guys i really appreciate it…any suggestions on brand names for burners?[/QUOTE]
Glad to help.

There are a ton of good burners out there
Like I said, matshita drives are crappy and personally, I’d steer clear of slimlines.
If you insist on an internal replacement…Optiarc or Pioneer would be my choice.
Also, you may have a faceplate issue and be certain to purchase the correct interface.

Just to toss out a couple ideas…
Personally, I’d put one of these two puppies in an external case…a Sony Optiarc AD-7200A (IDE or PATA interface) or a Sony AD-7240S (SATA interface). Newegg just sold out of both…again (they offered free shipping too), but the egg should have 'em back…just click auto-notify or look elsewhere.
Be certain the external case has usb 2.0 connectivity.

Nothing wrong with an external burner either.
Take a look at cdf’s CD and DVD Burnersforum.
There’s also a subforum on external enclosures