Can burn, can\'t watch DVDs (Lite-On DH-20A4H)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DH-20A4H. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have this product , and it is installed .i can burn dvds ,but i cant seem to watch dvd’s i have windows player 11, and i tried with the nero software 7 essentials showtime to watch movies but nothing came up.and with windows media player its telling me i don’t have a compatible decoder. please help i am new at this. any advice…:rolleyes:

For watching dvd’s try downloading VLC

:iagree:

:disagree:
www.videolan.org <— this is the official source. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2149067]For watching dvd’s try downloading VLC[/QUOTE]

how is powerdvd is that a good program for watching dvds

I occasionally use Powerdvd7 and like it but I don’t think it’s better than VLC and VLC is free.

[QUOTE=MSTHANG0321;2149050][qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DH-20A4H. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have this product , and it is installed .i can burn dvds ,but i cant seem to watch dvd’s i have windows player 11, and i tried with the nero software 7 essentials showtime to watch movies but nothing came up.and with windows media player its telling me i don’t have a compatible decoder. please help i am new at this. any advice…:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

If memory serves me right essentials is just burning package and limited on software install. You need the full or Ultra version of Nero 7 to get the media player. Vlc should be able to play your DVD. That something they don’t tell you when you get the essentials is just like it says essentials or should be changed to say essentials=bare bone basic.