Can backing up ruin the original

i have heard rumors that when backing up a game it can ruin the original so you cannot play it. when backing up your game using clonecd is it strait forward on complicated im new to this i have never used any of these programs before. one final thing is c&c general protected by safedisk v 2.8 something. can clonecd crack safedisk

When making a backup, all thats happening (with regards to the original) is it being read, either to an image or on the fly directly to the burner.

CloneCD isnt very complicated, it may seem daunting when its being used the first time, but theres always right click help only a click away. :wink:

C&C Generals is protected by SafeDisc 2.8, and at the moment CloneCD cannot make a working backup of this game, however there are other programs redily available which can.

Alcohol 120% is quite user friendly, discdump/fireburner backups seem to work every time, although Im pretty sure that depends on hardware. Then theres DiskJuggler which is also reccommended IF your hardware can do it.

Hope this helps you out. :slight_smile:

I use Nero Burning ROM and it work great, it runs about 50 bucks US but it is definatly worth it.

Nero can successfully backup SafeDisc v2.8? I know its got a CD copy function, but I wasnt aware that it was good for copy protected CD’s.

actually CloneCD version 3.3.4.1 and my Lite-On 40125S made a perfect backup of C&C Generals.
installs and plays fine all from the backups.

Heck yeah if you know how to use it right it can do anything
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

where cant you get CloneCD 4.2.0.2 for free and if you can how much is it

A TRIAL is available for free from here, which after 30 days must be registered.

The result of making a backup of a Safedisk 2.8 CD with Clone CD is also dependent on the type of burner you use.
On this forum you can find several threads about it (Use the search option !) but I suggest you start here.

hi i am a newbie i had no problem making a 1.1 copy of c&c generals using clonecd just select safedisc 2 from the profiles make a image of the game then burn from image file very easy even for a beginner, by the way it helps if u have a liteon burner as i do.

Originally posted by johnnoe1
hi i am a newbie i had no problem making a 1.1 copy of c&c generals using clonecd just select safedisc 2 from the profiles make a image of the game then burn from image file very easy even for a beginner, by the way it helps if u have a liteon burner as i do.

Yes it does :slight_smile:

Just a little remark, since your post is a little hard to read, please visit this link so everybody can understand you… :wink:

Welcome aboard!

originally posted by Savannah
C&C Generals is protected by SafeDisc 2.8, and at the moment CloneCD cannot make a working backup of this game

i made a perfect back up using the latest clone cd 4.2.0.2 of c&c generals.

Originally posted by slayerking
[B]

i made a perfect back up using the latest clone cd 4.2.0.2 of c&c generals. [/B]

Whoops! I acually made a generalisation. I found that there were a lot more fails than success stories when backing up Safe Disc v2.8 with CloneCD. I correct myself, some people can make a working backup with CloneCD 3.X or 4.X. However, a lot of other people cannot make a working copy without emulation.