Can Audicity record DRM like some commercial DRM readers do?

vbimport

I would ask if you can use Audacity for free and get the same result of being able to play a DRM sound file and record it without DRM on your disk.

Thank you

Are you able to play this so-called DRM file and hear the sound coming out of the speakers?..B/C with Audacity, you can record ‘WHAT YOU HEAR’…

Your mileage may vary. ‘What you hear’ or ‘Stereo Mix’ isn’t included in some audio drivers. But if it is, Audacity will indeed record it.

@SubZero , I found this YouTube a while back.I don’t have any DRM protected files to try this method on.I would appreciate it if you would give it a try & let me know if it works.

Watch this YouTube:

Sometimes this link doesn’t work if it doesn’t do a search at YouTube with " Convert DRM Protected WMA Music File "
There are 3 “options” on the video. The Freeme or Tunebyte ones shouldn’t be necessary only the last “option”.The creater of the video also says this is the best method.
The video suggests Daemon tools for the virtual CD .Some people have problems with Daemon tools .I suggest getting the VirtualCloneDrive from slysoft. If you already have a virtual drive try it first.
Now try this:
Simply put in the YouTube video
1.He uses Nero to make an image file of the protected download.
So you need software that will make an image file from the downloaded file or files.Maybe ImgBurn.
2. A virtual drive to mount the image file in.
The one I have is VirtualCloneDrive.
3. A converter software to convert the file on the virtual drive,He converts to .mp3 .
I have dBpowerAmp . The trial version now available should do the conversion.
An alternative would be Format Factory.

I have found that I can play Audible download and set Audacity to record with the Stereo Mix as source and it records it as it plays and I save it to MP3 on my hard drive without copying protection.

Is this what other pay programs are doing to get the recording?

Thank you

[QUOTE=SubZero;2518160]I have found that I can play Audible download and set Audacity to record with the Stereo Mix as source and it records it as it plays and I save it to MP3 on my hard drive without copying protection.

Is this what other pay programs are doing to get the recording?

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Some bypass the soundcard by installing as an audio driver (Total Recorder is one that does) and can record at accelerated speeds (I get 8X to 10X using Audible Books as a source).

Where can I download a couple of DRM protected Audio files ?
I would like to see if the method I posted in this topic & a couple of others works.
I don’t get my music from a source that uses DRM & would like a couple of files hopefully Free to play around with.
A site with a variety would be nice so I could select something I like to listen to but that’s not a requirement.

I don’t usually bump in a topic .
But does anyone know where I can download a couple of DRM protected Audio files to play around with ?

Thank you for replies

You can purchase of the stock from Audible:

http://www.audible.com/

I remember that some deals allow inexpensive purchase of the first title.