Can anyone tell me if this Disc is REAL Taiyo?

It’s budget price DVD-R and I want to know if it’s Real TAIYO.

The brand is Monarch(I bet you’ve never heard of it :stuck_out_tongue: , but I don’t care about the name, as long as it’s real).

Here is the info.

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:TYG02]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.]
Manufacturer ID : [TYG02]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

And here are some code on the disc.
Serial Number (I think) = DIP 0024-F
And another one on the inner side of the ring = DR5A03-00468

And there is NO “made in japan” thing anywhere on the disc

Is it Real ( Real = Low quality but uses REAL Taiyo DYE) Cause I don’t want to waste my money on fake disc that uses faked MID.

P.s. And sorry that there is no Disc picture or scan results to show.

Thanks

Seems to be fake, because the serial should start with a G.
For Example: GG000098 for TYG02
Greets.

“Monarch” seems to be a very low quality “brand” sold mostly in Sweden, and which uses a variety of extremely low-quality or no-name MIDs. Faking TY codes almost seems certain.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?dvdmediasearch=monarch&dvdmediadvdridsearch=&type=6&size=All&dvdburnspeed=All&order=Name&hits=25&country=&search=Search+or+List+Media

Thanks for your replies.

Maybe I should find other media.

And what do you think about Verbatim - 8X ?

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:MCC 02RG20 ]

Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [MCC 02RG20 ]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

How good is MCC 02RG20 ?

My main concern is durability of the disc, since ALL my philips (Ritek G05) just died (disc’s deterioration), so this time I should find something better.

And do you have any recommendation about good (in term of readability and durability) PRINTABLE Disc ?
But not TAIYO, That’s, TDK brand please, I just want something little cheaper. :stuck_out_tongue:

yip, there good

You can check what other people who have the same drive as you by going here:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php

And entering mcc 02rg20 in the box for “Search DVD Media Code”. You can then click on “Verbatim” to see the results for that brand with that code.

There’s also a blank media forum, as well as threads for each burner dedicated to scanning/testing results here at CDFreaks.