Can anyone advise me please?

vbimport

I have Nero Essentials Four which keeps asking me for plug-ins. Would like to go for Nero 10.

What I would like to know is if I bought 10 would I able able to burn MPEG-2 files onto a blank DVD disk or would I have to purchase a separate plug in as well as the programme?

I have windows XP home edition.

:confused:

[QUOTE=AuraTopp;2540505]I have Nero Essentials Four which keeps asking me for plug-ins. Would like to go for Nero 10.

What I would like to know is if I bought 10 would I able able to burn MPEG-2 files onto a blank DVD disk or would I have to purchase a separate plug in as well as the programme?

I have windows XP home edition.

:confused:[/QUOTE]

Essentials is a limited software package that is included in certian cd/dvd products you buy that does only limited or come limited in functions. If you want more option you will have to buy the full version and I think the full version will allow you to burn mpg2 files.

Is 10 the full package please?

To burn any file to a disc no plugin is needed. You can do this with any burning software.

If you want [B]convert[/B] mpeg files into a DVD video (i.e. to VOB), then a conversion software is needed.

Can you provide more details? What do you want to do exactly? :slight_smile:

Hi I have tried DVD flick, CD burner XP and other software like Cyberlink Power Director, none of which have worked properly. I have home Movie files on my pc which are MPEG 2, and I would like to burn them off onto a blank DVD please?

To simply burn mpeg files on a disc doesn’t require any special thing. Simply create a data disc.

My guess is that you want to watch these movies on television, right? So you need first to convert them into a proper format.

The only software I know for this is TMPGEnc Encoder, but is not a free software :frowning:

[QUOTE=AuraTopp;2540586]Is 10 the full package please?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you buy the Retail or online full version, but make sure it say and check it feature to make sure it is the full version of 10. But I also read on newegg some not so good reviews as well but here the link and you can have a look and read over it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832111018

Currently they have a discount on it as well. I might buy it but I have Nero 9 Reloaded so it will be awhile before I jump to 10 unless the price comes down more then I might.

Mpeg files should be easy to convert to dvd-video. DVDFlick should have worked for this.

Another one to try is AVStoDVD. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD You’ll need to set it to produce the correct type of dvd video for your country. The US uses NTSC standards, most of the rest of the world uses PAL. If you go into Preferences–>Audio/Video and put check marks in the boxes to keep DVD compliant audio and video, it won’t reencode…just author to dvd-video. That assumes you are starting with mpeg2 video that conforms to dvd specifications.

You can use a free tool to examine the files, called MediaInfo. Use the Tree view within MediaInfo and copy and paste what it shows here in your thread. We may be able to spot something in the files that is causing problems. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaInfo

Hi there.

Tried Nero 10 Multimedia, demo, i couldn’t burn anything there was alway some error like no enough disk space for a 4.1 gig compilation telling me i needed 7.4GB of DVD space
went back to nero 7.5 and burned no problem.

So don’t buy nero 10 until the bugs are fixxed.

But, using nero vision when the bugs will be fixxed, you will be able to make a DVD from any Mpeg file(s).

PIB00.