Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

vbimport

IF i have a device that allows me to hook a vcr up to my computer can any dvd break the protection on the VHS tape to make it copyable to a dvd?

IF not anyone know of any programs that can?

thanks

I don’t think AnyDVD can do this.

The only thing I can think of to bypass Macrovision (albeit very expensive) is to run the VHS signal through a TBC (Time Base Corrector). I think some of these will remove the Macrovision protection.

If there’s an easier way I’d be interested to know myself.

have you tried AnyVHS?

I have a set of ‘smart leads’ which remove Macrovision and allow backups to be made as normal, they cost more than a normal set of leads but if you Google there are sites that show you how to make your own or how add a couple of resistors inside your vcr to get around it. Cheaper still is if you can get hold of an old vcr as they don’t recognise Macrovision.

If you have a capture card in your computer some capture cards have hardware protection remover build in to them try to look in to good capture card. I am using DVR stand alone DVD recorder/VHS combo, few months ago I came across a VHS Video that I could not copy to DVD I had to buy a hardware device called “Video Enhancer” Sima-1 connected between the output of VHS and the Input of DVR that did and now I have no problem copying any VHS to DVD.

Yes I have a “video” enhancer bought for about £10 which removes the second false sync pulse which causes problems not only in copying but also playback on certain systems.
There is a version built into connection leads but have not seen it myself so cannot tell you how good they are.
Remember to get a good recording you will need a good/new VHS player/recorder as crap in ~ crap recording.

Sima-1 + a dvd recording deck is the best for simple use and easily available
you could get Sima-1 and dvd recorder deck at bestbuy and give it a 30 day trial
if it doesn’t work for you, you could return it :wink:

If you look at the name of the program and the History logs, I don’t think you will see “VHS” mentioned anywhere… :slight_smile:

Suggest you search for a more appropriate forum for help…

He doesn’t have to mention “VHS”, every one knows that VCR only use VHS tape not DVD therefore these discussion are appropriate. Plus read the title of his thread he is asking for VHS protection remover.

This is probably the wrong forum
but we are all bored and we have so much love ummm errr knowledge bursting to be shared

Hey ImpactPlayr,
Straight from Slysoft>

Features
Works automatically in the background
Removes encryption (CSS) and region code (RPC) from DVDs
Removes analogue copy protection (Macrovision)
Removes features such as forced subtitles and warnings
Decrypts without the need to save the data onto your hard-disk
Decrypts 'on the fly’
Prevents automatic launching of ‘PC-friendly’ software on video DVDs
Allows adjustment of your monitor refresh rate for both NTSC and PAL monitors
Allows execution of external programs on disc insertion and removal
Allows speed control of your DVD drives
Compatible with all DVD media
Works with all DVD-drives, regardless of region code
Works with all DVD copying, such as CloneDVD, and all DVD player software
Works transparently for the operating system: DVDs can be shared over the network and copied with the command prompt or with Windows Explorer, etc.
Proven to be stable and fast and does not require an ASPI driver
Features AnyCDDA: play, copy and rip protected audio CDs

Cheers :wink:

Nice catch MBK. Good thing to know for myself.

LOL !!!

Actually AnyDVD is a piece of software on your PC that works directly on the digital data. It actually does not CRACK or modify anything on the mpeg stream, it simply removes the macrovision FLAG burned on the DVD whereas on a VHS macrovision is embedded throughout the signal on the tape.

Besides, it’s hard to get the VHS tape into that small DVD tray…:slight_smile:

@ ImpactPlayr,

It appears that you are unaware that you have to have a DVD Authoring software program to convert your VHS VCR tapes to the MPGE2-DVD (.BUP/.IFO/.VOB) format. The AnyDVD software program is not the software program that does that task.

Strongly suggest conducting CD Freaks Forum Search and/or Google Search (http://www.google.com) on the “VHS To DVD” topic. The below is an example of a “VHS To DVD” Google Search on the topic.

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,97624,00.asp

Best Regards,
bjkg

thanks everyone…They actually sell the sima 1 at best buy?I can’t seem to find it on BestBuy.com…any one know of any web sites I can get it at. Sicne useing the stand alond dvd recorder and a vrd sounds easier to do then converting files ont eh computer. I have a stand alone already and a vcr so it would be a small cost for this piece.

Also may I have a problem getting this converter here in the states?

thanks again…
and good to know that any dvd will get by macrovision.

Here is the web store link HERE

take it for a 30 day spin :bigsmile:
Let us know how it works
A friend backed up narnia with it doing dvd to dvd
so vhs to dvd should be POC

Here is the link:http://www.compusa.com/products/products.asp?mfg_id=5150&N=405150&mfg_name=Sima+Products

Note: The Sima C-2 is more sofisticated one you can buy Sima C-1 for $50 or much less if you find a sale one.

Don’t waste your time with the Sima - It degrades the signal a lot, you will notice a blurrier image - There is another product I forget the name that better preserves the signal. SIMA IMO is junk :smiley:

Yo greg42-

The one you probably are talking about is the ‘Dimax Red DVD Pro’ - and can be found here:

http://www.xdimax.com/dvd/dvdredpro.html

Happy Burnin’

Mike