Can anybody expain this? and help?

Helllo. I’ve had many problems with my writer. sony 22A.
I purchased a large number of Ritek disks, and all of them look like this:

Can anybody explain what can be the problem? Is it the media?
Anyway, so far, 3 disks were able to read (but very long seeking time), but i don’t wa’t to jepordize safety of my data. So i goona use them for less critical content - like movies.

I was just thinking: is it possible to reflash my drive w/ another firmware and by this solve this problem? or increase the quality?

Another thing: if there’s notheing i can do about it, is it possible to write NOT from beginning of the disk? (since bad area is at the very start)? Maybe i should put some first dummy file and then write my data? if so , how large?
And how do i know, which file Nero writes first.

Thanks anyone who can help.

What brand is your G04 media?
Its quite strange for G04 to fail so early in the burn in my experience.

As mentioned above there are some labels that distribute B-Grade and C-Grade Ritek media.

why dont u CrossFlash ur sony which i beleive is the 1633 liteon oem to csom/csok 1653

i say this because all the 1633 firmwares suck lol yes even ur sony firmware sucks sometimes :slight_smile:

What brand is your G04 media?
Its quite strange for G04 to fail so early in the burn in my experience.

As mentioned above there are some labels that distribute B-Grade and C-Grade Ritek media.

It’s labled Ritek. Do you mean , maybe it’s a fake? This is how they look:

And what’s interesting: i purchased also number of RW disks from same Ritek(look similair, just little more greenish) , and they work really nice. Here’s scan:

But is there anything i can do w/ the problem disks? Can i write some dummy data at the beginning?
Is the beginning of the disk correspond to the peripheria? or to center physial area on a media?

why dont u CrossFlash ur sony which i beleive is the 1633 liteon oem to csom/csok 1653

i say this because all the 1633 firmwares suck lol yes even ur sony firmware sucks sometimes

What is cross-flash?
I tried to flash it into Sony.710A and 1633S.BS0S.patched-cf w/o any actual difference.

you probably have the bad batch

@ junglemike
CSOM seems to be the best firmware right now for your sony/liteon. Here is a thread you should find helpful.

Ritek have a lot of problems with bad batches.

Ritek G04 used to be the bees nees
Not for the past 18 months though, I wouldn’t touch G04 with a barge pole now.