Can a region 1 disc be changed to region 2 or region free?

vbimport

Hi

Is it possible to back up a region 1 movie onto pc ( from an original )

Then put it back onto a blank but region free or region 2 ?

Ifso please let me know…what is needed…

Thanks.

[QUOTE=sunny3;2034785]Hi

Is it possible to back up a region 1 movie onto pc ( from an original )

Then put it back onto a blank but region free or region 2 ?

Ifso please let me know…what is needed…

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Yes.
Use DVDFab.
Do a search, there is a Dvdfab subforum here.

Yep…no problem

I use AnyDvd and CloneDvd together

BUT…they are relatively expensive, so consider this option: get yourself a region-free dvd player …starting from $65 and save money, hassle and time

:iagree:

You could use DVDFab decrypter (Free) to rip and then Shrink (free) to backup region free.

[QUOTE=The Kipper;2034861]You could use DVDFab decrypter (Free) to rip and then Shrink (free) to backup region free.[/QUOTE]

These 2 are good like the Kipper said. You can also try a free trial of dvdfab platinum it 21 days I believe. It’s an all in one program and the only one I like using. Also anydvd and clonedvd2 have free trials also and are good too. Give them all a try too see what you like and want to use.

Urgh! Doing this commercially is expensive and totally unnecessary!!!

You need to change one byte in one file!

After ripping (if your ripper has not already got rid of RC, which for example, DVD Decrypter or DVD Fab HD Decrypter (both free) will do), open the rip in PgcEdit. Click on the globe icon and make it region free. Save and away you go.

R1 stuff can happily play in most R2 players, since we in PAL-land are broadminded enough to accept NTSC. :slight_smile:

Regards

Thanks for the help guys

Will try dvdfab…will it do it automaticlly or would I need to change a setting?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=sunny3;2035233]Thanks for the help guys

Will try dvdfab…will it do it automaticlly or would I need to change a setting?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

which dvdfab you going to try. There are 3 kinds: 1. dvdfab hd decryptor which is free and no settings need to be changed for this. But you need another program to compress and burn to dvd. 2. dvdfab gold is not free but gives you a free trial. It copies compresses and burns dvd’s. As for settings everyone changes them to what works for them, so play with the settings to see what is good for you. 3. dvdfab platinum is the same as gold but converts to ipod,psp and so on.

Ok thank you.

[QUOTE=sunny3;2035297]Ok thank you.[/QUOTE]
You can also use [B]Ript4me[/B] prog to decrypt to Hard Drive, which you can get free at Major Geeks. (Just do a search)
Once you get on HD, use Dvd Shrink to compress (again a free program.)
Use Imgburn (free) to burn, or commercial burner like Nero to burn.
As Blutach said, you can do all this free without having to pay for a program.
Last I knew the Anydvd prog referenced above costs USD $50+.
BTW, You may find the free dvdfabhd easier to use.