Can a raid 0 array be transfered to new mobo?

Hi all! I have a quick question. I want to upgrade my motherboard to the new 590 chipset. I want to run the AM2 AMD processor and the DDR2 memory. But I dont want to lose my raptor stripe or have to re-do everything. Is there a way to keep the stripe intact when upgrading mobo’s? Right now I am running the Asus A8n SLI deluxe with a pair of 74gb raptors in raid 0. I play tthe batlefield series games and dont want to have to reinstall everything if I dont have to. Is there a mobo chipset that is compatible with the older NF4 chipset that I am running? Any help would be wonderful! Thanks.

The safest method would be to image the old array and restore that image to the new one.

Occasionally an array can be moved to a new controller, but success rates are low. I’ve never heard of any other controller being compatible with a NF array.

If your OS is on the array, then the problems multiply, as moving an OS to a new board is a pretty bad idea.

I know tis may be very basic, but I am not real familar with that process. Yes, I have windows XP home SP2 on that array along with all my programs and games. There is a way to make an image of the whole “D” drive and transfer it to a new raid 0 array? Including the OS? I have a Seagate 750 with about half the space free on it, could I make an image of my raptor stripe on that drive, then get the new hardware and hook up my Seagate and install the whole old D drive onto a new raid 0 array? Or would I need to set the new array, then put on windows, then put all the old files onto that array from the Seagate? Sorry, for all the questions, I know alittle about hardware, but I dont know alot about software and backing up files. Thanks for the help so far.

You can use something like acronis true image to make an identical backup of your drive or array. It can go direct from disk to disk, or onto dvd, and from dvd to disk (dvd might not be the best idea from the sound of how much stuff is on the drive).
Problem is, like CDan said, you don’t want an exact copy of your os if you are going to use another motherboard. You need to do a clean windows install, then reinstall all your software, then move your personal files and data to it (you can just manually move them, no backup software needed). cloning the drive with a new motherboard may or may not even work, but even if you do get it to work, you will have ongoing problems, not to mention lots of work getting all the drivers and such straitened out (I know, I had to do it in a pinch on one of my systems, and it continues to be problematic with poor performance). If you were to try it, consider it temporary (you will eventually need to do a clean install).