Can a mp3 be resized or made smaller to fit on a cdrw

I am trying to record a mp3 track to a cdrw to play in my car the track is to long to fit on the cdrw. Can you edit the amount of time from the mp3 to record onto the cdrw. The track is over 80 min long my cdrw holds 80 min.I want to somehow record 80 min on one disk then the rest on another. Is this possible if so how. thanx cutter696969.

Wow, such a long mp3. You can convert it to a wav file, then cut the wav file, then convert each cut file back to mp3. Then buen each on a different cdrw.

There was also spanning software for multiple cd’s i saw somewhere on another thread, but i dont know if it would leave the mp3 in a recognizeable, playable form, i think its for backing up purposes only.

I am very good at music manipulation, and if you get desperate, you can PM me and I cant let you dump the mp3 on an fserve, cut it for you, and leave for you to download. Of course you would need broadband.

There are also programs that allow editing without having to convert it to wav first…forgot the name (believe it was Cooledit pro, but I could be wrong here)

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
There are also programs that allow editing without having to convert it to wav first…forgot the name (believe it was Cooledit pro, but I could be wrong here)

If you could remember I would love to know. To my knowledge, none exists that can do this and if it does exist, it would be liable to damage the mp3 or cause poor quality in the cut off and lead in.

look here maybe these will help Look at KFK it’s a file splitter and then the K-MP3 not sure if it will do exactly what you want but it might.

And contact me if you need help with these softwares

(thank you kamikazee)