Can a film company watermark be removed from a DVD film?

vbimport

Hello.
I have downloaded a movie from the internet and on playback it has a movie company watermark at the bottom-centre of the screen.
Can this mark be removed from the movie?
The movie can be viewed OK, but it would be nice to have the screen free from a movie company symbol (Paramount).
Thanks for your help,
TC :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=timclyma;2161939]Hello.
I have downloaded a movie from the internet and on playback it has a movie company watermark at the bottom-centre of the screen.
Can this mark be removed from the movie?
The movie can be viewed OK, but it would be nice to have the screen free from a movie company symbol (Paramount).
Thanks for your help,
TC :)[/QUOTE]

Copyrighted movies espically Paramount is against the rules so we can’t help you there.

Depends on what it is - it could be a freely available trailer or something of the sort - plenty of HD trailers for download are watermarked.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2162032]Copyrighted movies espically Paramount is against the rules so we can’t help you there.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=plutonikpenguin;2162036]Depends on what it is - it could be a freely available trailer or something of the sort - plenty of HD trailers for download are watermarked.[/QUOTE]
Exactly…
Why the assumption that the OP is doing anything illegal???
There are free sites and pay sites that offer free trials that are perfectly legal.

I’ve never tried to remove a watermark and if it’s imbedded, I think you’re pretty much screwed.
I have read that you can remove them from .avi files with VirtualDUB. Best to visit the forum to find out how. I think this process leaves a fuzzy area though.
I doubt it’s worth the trouble, but I really have no idea.

“movie company symbol (Paramount)” Why would it have the paramount watermark on it? That is my question??? Usually watermarks are there to identify whom the movie belongs to or whom made it.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2162051]“movie company symbol (Paramount)” Why would it have the paramount watermark on it? That is my question??? Usually watermarks are there to identify whom the movie belongs to or whom made it.[/QUOTE]
Question??? You didn’t ask the OP a question.
You simply dismissed him out of hand and presumed that he was engaged in illegal acitvity.
Hence your statement, “…we can’t help you…”

When I always fly overseas and watch the movies they have I always see the watermark for the studio that made that movie and it does not interrupt my viewing of the movies. So I don’t know why you want to remove the watermark unless you not want people to know it a downloaded movie and not an original paid for DVD

OK this one is right on the edge so I’m closing it for the moment.

[B]@timclyma:[/B] if you acquired this obviously commercial movie from a legal distribution source, then you are not allowed to edit it. I suggest if you want such a copy then it may be available to buy elsewhere. PM me if you have some more relevant information and we might consider to re-open the thread.

[B]@coolcolors:[/B] once again, please just report posts and avoid making comments. The staff are here to make those judgements.

[I]Thread closed.[/I]