Can a drive hurt dvd's

vbimport

I have noticed that when I put a dvd in one of my players it gets pixilaton, in another there is none. Also I have gotten a good Pi/Pif reading and a week later a bad one. Is it possible the dvd player that is causing the pixilation is also doing damage to the disk it is playing?
T.I.A.

Um, my idea is no. I’d say it could be the media that you use. a bad burn on bad media will get could worse over time. unless the player is physically scratching the disk the reading laser isn’t strong enough to effect the disk

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2005685]I have noticed that when I put a dvd in one of my players it gets pixilaton, in another there is none. Also I have gotten a good Pi/Pif reading and a week later a bad one. Is it possible the dvd player that is causing the pixilation is also doing damage to the disk it is playing?
T.I.A.[/QUOTE]

What kinda burner do you have and its firmware? What O/S are you running? What kinda media and what is the burn speed you used? What software are you using to do the burns? What did you do or change prior to this happening?

Are you by chance overclocking your CPU :confused:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2005820]What kinda burner do you have and its firmware? What O/S are you running? What kinda media and what is the burn speed you used? What software are you using to do the burns? What did you do or change prior to this happening?[/QUOTE]
Benq1655.XP,Taiyo Yuden 02 cannot think of anything .

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2005836]Are you by chance overclocking your CPU :confused:[/QUOTE]I am not sure what overclocking means, sorry, newbie. I would be very glad if you would explain.

Overclocking a cpu means running it deliberately faster than its stock speed. Requires going into the bios usually, though there are some software overclocking programs for specific platforms.

Sometimes overclocking causes instabilities and inconsistent behavior, especially if the person doing it doesn’t properly test his configuration. Which is why StormJumper was asking you about this.

As to your original question, I doubt the player is adversely affecting the disk.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2005848]I am not sure what overclocking means, sorry, newbie. I would be very glad if you would explain.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you dont know about it then you are not, some members who have the same issues as your do overclock and found then if they stop the issue also stops
but again this is not in your case

I haven’t had any problems on my older oced AMD lol