Can a CD-RW be formatted & would it make a difference?

I have tried two brands of CD-RW to make an standard audio CD to play in my old CD player

It refuses all attempts

I erased the CD-RW before writing & I notice my DVD writer offers a chance to Format the CD-RW?

Can a CD-RW be formatted & would it make a difference?

It comes formatted and even it wouldnt, by creating a CDDA/AudioCD it will be formatted right before burning.

to sum it up… most older cd players (as far as im aware of) cannot play CD-RW discs… as there generally harder to read vs a CD-R. … hell i would even say that the majority of cd players (even sorta newer ones) out there cannot play cd-rw discs either.

if you really got to have CD-RW reading THAT BAD… i would just go buy a new player that can read them.

but since CD-R’s are real cheap nowadays i would just use those… cause unless your constantly changing music on a cd … theres no real reason to use cd-rw’s for the most part as far as AUDIO.

good luck :wink:

[QUOTE=NBR;1955877]to sum it up… most older cd players (as far as im aware of) cannot play CD-RW discs… [B]as there generally harder to read vs a CD-R.[/B] … hell i would even say that the majority of cd players (even sorta newer ones) out there cannot play cd-rw discs either.[/QUOTE]

Yup, the reflectivity is so much less - that also counts for newer formats like DVD±RW and BD-RE and HD-DVD-RW.

True - I have a standalone CD player bought in 2003. Won’t read CD-RW :frowning: