Can a Blu Ray Disc be burned on a CD RW DVD drive

[qanda]This thread is about the Acer 8X4X24X8X DVD+CDRW Combo for TM740. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a Acer Aspire Laptop 5570z and I was wondering if I can use my DVD RW drive to burn Blu Ray Disc?:confused: I have seen software shareware to burn Blu ray Disc so is this possible. I have been able to burn DVDs that play on my home Blu ray Pioneer BD 51 FD player but I just did not know this answer? I have not seen Blu ray Blank Disc at Wal Mart here but I have seen them for sale on line at the Wal Mart Site, Is there anywhere else that I can get blank Blu ray Disc? I live in Gainesville,Fl :wink: I am using Movie DVD Maker and IMTOO DVD Creater which works fine on Windows Vista but does not burn blu ray disc I would like to have the 1080p resolution on my Disc instead of the lower resolutions. I have seen Blu Ray downloads but I did not know if I could use these.

[QUOTE=frankduffey;2413359][qanda]This thread is about the Acer 8X4X24X8X DVD+CDRW Combo for TM740. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a Acer Aspire Laptop 5570z and I was wondering if I can use my DVD RW drive to burn Blu Ray Disc?:confused: I have seen software shareware to burn Blu ray Disc so is this possible. I have been able to burn DVDs that play on my home Blu ray Pioneer BD 51 FD player but I just did not know this answer? I have not seen Blu ray Blank Disc at Wal Mart here but I have seen them for sale on line at the Wal Mart Site, Is there anywhere else that I can get blank Blu ray Disc? I live in Gainesville,Fl :wink: I am using Movie DVD Maker and IMTOO DVD Creater which works fine on Windows Vista but does not burn blu ray disc I would like to have the 1080p resolution on my Disc instead of the lower resolutions. I have seen Blu Ray downloads but I did not know if I could use these.[/QUOTE]

Short answer No… You will have to buy a laptop with a BR-R drive or external BD-R drive to be able to write to BD media. Plus without a BD or BD-R drive you won’t even be able to read BD media. Do they have BestBuy down there? Those BR downloads could be overscanned to make them look like BR so unless you have the BR of those movies to watch side buy side you won’t know for sure. BR standalone will play cd and dvd media.