Can 16X Plex copy protected games?

vbimport

Hi everyone. My brother just bought a 16X Plex, can it copy protected games and can you surf the net while burning? Thanks.

With the use of clony and cloneCD, the Plex16/10/40 can backup protected games.
Only the latest versions of Safedisc (2.51 and above) can’t be copied. This protection is used on Medal Of honour e.g.

It can copy most (all?) protected audio-cd’s.

Yes you can use your pc for other tasks while burning. (like web browsing). The writer supports burnproof, which prevents bufferunderruns.

Note that the Plextor PX-W1610A cannot read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks which is used on for instance the SecuRom protection and PlayStation games. It can write it so if you have a reader that does support the reading of the SC data it’s no problem. Check Elby.ch supported CloneCD writers.

I suggest to test, if your burner can read subchannel data from data tracks ; for example my 1210a sometimes can and other times cannot.
Strange but true.

Hi i have just removed my plex 16/10, it`s good for music
psx but the back ups you make of sd2 will only play through that writer like suggested earlier if you can read with - say a lite-on
& write with your plex almost nothing will stand in you way
surfing whilst burning even with buffer underrun may give some bad results :confused:

Thanks for your reply’s guys. I will tell my brother about this. I am planning to buy a plex in the future, is it better to get an 24X instead of 16X? Once again thank you very much.

look at the compatable burner list in CCD help
plex 24 is rated highly for making backups of copy protected cd`s

Originally posted by Hearny
look at the compatable burner list in CCD help
plex 24 is rated highly for making backups of copy protected cd`s

Mmmmmm…good to SD 2.51.020, great for audio