Camcorders: 10 things you might not know

vbimport

I just posted the article Camcorders: 10 things you might not know.

In the past camcorders all used analog videotape
In the 90’s recording onto digital tape became the norm. Currently tape as storage media is being gradually replaced with tape-free solutions like…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14581-Camcorders-10-things-you-might-not-know.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14581-Camcorders-10-things-you-might-not-know.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

i wanted to comment on the last statement. i find this very true, however with the increase in YouTube and other video sites i feel this may change now. i am now considering getting into web video, and a good deal of the you tube content are done with camcorders not web cams, so i expect this old problem to become a thing of the past.

Just wanted to comment about digital tapes being replaced with other formats. Yes it is…but Mini DV still records the best video, and there are far more editing programs that make use of it as well I own a Sony DCR-HC96 that uses the Mini DV tapes. Fantastic video! Too much compression is used with Mini DVD and it cost more for the DVD’s. I also get 1 hour of recording time at it’s higest setting whereas the Mini DVD’s get only 20 minutes at a similar setting. I think the Mini DV will be around for the forseeable future.

Just wanted to comment about digital tapes being replaced with other formats. Yes it is…but Mini DV still records the best video, and there are far more editing programs that make use of it as well I own a Sony DCR-HC96 that uses the Mini DV tapes. Fantastic video! Too much compression is used with Mini DVD and it cost more for the DVD’s. I also get 1 hour of recording time at it’s higest setting whereas the Mini DVD’s get only 20 minutes at a similar setting. I think the Mini DV will be around for the forseeable future.

This message was edited at: 03-05-2008 06:36