Camcorder fogged lens

vbimport

I have a two year old Sony DCR-TRV280 NTSC camcorder that took a freshwater dunking when I tripped in a river while fishing. The camera was under water for about 6 seconds. I quickly removed the batteries and tape, and dried the camera out with a hair dryer and car heater for a couple of days. Unfortunately the lens was set to wide open putting the glass segments close together and I did not think about changing to telephoto to separate the les glass segments until a couple of days later.

Now the good news. Camera worked perfectly a after a couple of days and continues to do so several months later. The problem is the water between the lens elements left a film on the surface that cause a fog in the recorded video.

The question. How can I disassemble the lens segmments from the outside to clean them? I don’t think it would be possible for me to have a go from the inside, as I think I would have to destroy the camera to get to the lens. Anyone have any idea on how to do this?

I think I would send it in to be serviced, if it were me…

I second that harley, unless you are skilled and have the right tools when you finished so might the lens be.
Was the equipment insured?

I is not an easy job to clean a multi element lens. Even if you manage to take it apart there is a good chance you will let dust in and make things worse.