Calling all parents! I need some help

OK here goes…Brayden is showing signs of readiness for potty training…
and here is my question…i’ll put it in the form of a poll…so please be honest…i don’t want to scar him for life or anything…

How should i potty train him…standing up… or sitting down…

3rd option seems easiest to me

He’s a boy! Standing up. Throw a few Cheerios in the bowl for him to aim at.

Sitting down and don’t hold it down. If he’s talking already, you probably have a “pet name” for his penis. Use the pet name and ask him to hold it down himself and help if needed.

Plenty time for aim practice (standing up) when he’s big enough to use the real toilet.

Take him out back and let him pee outside for a few times so he can get the (no pun intended) hang of it.

Can’t add any more to what Dee-27 said.

[quote=Dee-27;2048113]Sitting down and don’t hold it down. If he’s talking already, you probably have a “pet name” for his penis. Use the pet name and ask him to hold it down himself and help if needed.

Plenty time for aim practice (standing up) when he’s big enough to use the real toilet.[/quote]

Yep I gotta agree, but I can’t recall if pet name was used.

I don’t recall ever using a pet name in what i called “Cheerio Training”

I personally never did the sit down thing. In retrospect it would’ve made public outings a bit easier.

The way I trained my twin boys was when I had to go, I took them with me to watch how it was done. Then they did it.
So I don’t think this would help you much unless you have a male relative, friend that you trust around Brayden.
Oh and the whole sit down thing I wouldn’t do it for too long maybe a couple of weeks or he’ll get use to it.

:wink:

But seriously, go with what Dee suggested, makes sense to me.

How old is that boy now Dana?

he will be 2 Thursday…may 1 !!

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2048113]Sitting down and don’t hold it down. If he’s talking already, you probably have a “pet name” for his penis. Use the pet name and ask him to hold it down himself and help if needed.

Plenty time for aim practice (standing up) when he’s big enough to use the real toilet.[/QUOTE]

Same thing I did with my son. Works great. He’s fully potty trained now @ 5 years old and rarely ever has accidents at night.

I learned via the underwear on the head thing…but since i’m not a daddy, I don’t know what to advise. The cheerio thing sounds fun :cool:

[quote=Dee-27;2048113]Sitting down and don’t hold it down. If he’s talking already, you probably have a “pet name” for his penis. Use the pet name and ask him to hold it down himself and help if needed.

Plenty time for aim practice (standing up) when he’s big enough to use the real toilet.[/quote]

I had 3 boys as [B]Dee said :flower: ^[/B]

[B]Dont stress yourself[/B] its probley nearing wamer wheather so let him run aroung at home bare ,have a few pottys around , Dont dress him in clothes that are hard to take off (no Dungarees)

dont worry about the AIM they never get it right :bigsmile:

As a bloke that is very ofencive Di you should modify it, some men just cant aim but others can,

As to the probvlem in question, ask what he is doing, if its a pee tell him to stand and pee if its a dump… you get the pic.

Happy b-day brayden.

[QUOTE=Sexy_Southerner;2048277]he will be 2 Thursday…may 1 !![/QUOTE]

That is an exciting age…
Wait 2 or 3 weeks, then try again with ^^^. :wink:

[QUOTE=voradore;2048576]As a bloke that is very ofencive Di you should modify it.[/QUOTE]If it wasn’t for your avatar, we might think you had a case for complaining.

lol you seen my pic? old man here

dont worry about the AIM they never get it right

My mom used to tell us boys to “stand closer, it’s shorter than you think.”

Lol.