Calling All Experts! Need Experienced Advice For Safedisc 4.85!

OK, did a ton of searches and tried almost everything from Alchohol 120 / 52, DT pro and a ton of other programs.

Cannot get a copy made and mounted of a DVD running Safedisc 4.85.

No matter what the scenario, once the mds is virtually mounted the error message continually pops up “to install the DVD into the physical drive.”

Seems Yasu (won’t run) and Pr0t.St0p doesn’t support 4.85.

Trying to make a backup copy of a language DVD for personal use, so it doesn’t need to be dragged around from my different computers.

Does anybody have a working solution to virtually mount a backed up DVD with safedisc 4.85 or a solution to make a DVD copy that runs without any write protection error messages?

All I’ve seen is to disable the 2nd IDE channel so the physical drives are not present.

Thanks,

[QUOTE=harley_biker;2223624]Does anybody have a working solution to virtually mount a backed up DVD with safedisc 4.85 or a solution to make a DVD copy that runs without any write protection error messages?
[/QUOTE]- A mounted image should work in the virtual IDE drive of DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced (you can check with the trial)

• If your original is working fine a RMPS copy burned with Alcohol 120% should run fine as well.

http://support.alcohol-soft.com/en/knowledgebase.php?postid=26214&title=Burning+a+Safedisc+Game+to+Disc+with+RMPS
In recent Alcohol versions RMPS is ticked automatically when choosing the Safedisc profile in Image Burning Wizard, but you still have to enable RMPS in Emulation options before inserting the burned copy.

btw. how is/are your optical drive(s) attached ?

Great job Terramex! Seems I forgot about the RMPS emulation. Checking that got the backup to work. Thanks a lot!