Call of Duty

Hmm. I need a little help and advice for this title.

I have made the image with discdump ( latest version)
and burned the image with fireburner(latest version), using dao16 in the advance settings and burning at 4X

When I try to run it on my DVD Rom (MATSHITA SR8587) I get an exception error ( .tmp)

When I run the back up on my CD-RW it asks for the original disk to be inserted.

When I try it again on the CD-RW with daemon tools safedisc again it asks for the original.

Mounting the image into the daemon tools virtual drive works fine so I can assume the image is fine.

My questions are therefore.

1. Do I need to change my CD-RW (LTR40125S) ? and if so what for

2. Do I need to change the DVD-ROM (MATSHITA SR8587) ? ditto

3. What do the .tmp errors mean?

I would appreciate any help forthcoming but not to technical please

Try using Discjuggler. It seems to have the highest success rate(non-emulation). My backup made w/ DJ works perfectly in my shanty NEC 5700A DVD-rom(used a Liteon 52327s to read/write), while none of the backups made w/ other cd copying programs worked in that drive. Set it up using the settings in Futureproof’s Discjuggler tutorial. Good Luck
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78690

1st off .tmp error…simply that means the “weak sectors” did not copy correctly…need a ‘new’r burner’…

2nd…“please insert correct cd” you cannot play backup copy from a device…ie…CDRW drive or any device that can read the ATIP from recorable media…will have to resort to a program that can hide the ATIP…ie…Clonecd …alcohol…or use daemon tools to mount the image as you have done …

==whoot==

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
[B]1st off .tmp error…simply that means the “weak sectors” did not copy correctly…need a ‘new’r burner’…

2nd…“please insert correct cd” you cannot play backup copy from a device…ie…CDRW drive or any device that can read the ATIP from recorable media…will have to resort to a program that can hide the ATIP…ie…Clonecd …alcohol…or use daemon tools to mount the image as you have done …

==whoot== [/B]

This title will not work with the Clone CD “hide CDR media” funtion enabled. My backup works fine in my LiteOn burner with it disabled.

DD/FB method will not work.

This game is easily backed up with Blindwrite version 5. It is all automatic.

Also wake monkey is right . The Temp error means it didnt get by the protection basically .

gio

Works fine with CCD 4.2.0.2 and hide CDR media disabled also. :wink:

Dicky,

I have the exact same burner as you, with F/W ZS0J, and with old B/W 4.2.5. I have backed up Call of Duty, plus every other SD 2.9 and Securom 4.8 title I have thrown at it. It has never failed once with either protection.

Backing up SD 2.9 (Call of Duty) required nothing more than straight forward reading of the disc, then burning it (at Max speed). No special settings or tricks.

My back up plays in both the burner and my generic 52X CD Rom.

No emulation required (B/W 4.2.5 doesnt actually have emulation function anyway).

Give it a try and see how you go.

I just checked the Call of Duty SD version, its actaully 3.10.020, so there you go, Litey 40125S and 4.2.5 also does that too…