Call of Duty

Has anyone been able to copy this? Clony doesn’t seem to know what protection it is.

Using clone cd, and can use any of these burners:

Plextor 8x DVD (Don’t remember the model number)
Plextor 24x (Don’t remember the model number)
Sony SCSI 10x (Don’t remember the model number)

according to the sales person at the local ebgames, it’s due out tomorrow (10/31/03).

when i obtain my copy, i’ll try and let you know :cool:

it came out wendsday here in the midwest at ebgames:bigsmile:

Is this the full name of the game?

I haven’t found it in my protection list, but it will be soon.

I’ll let you know.

Originally posted by OG Gleep
Clony doesn’t seem to know what protection it is.
There’s a reason for this. More tools here

The U.S version is Safedisc 3.10.020

Originally posted by Portmac
The U.S version is Safedisc 3.10.020

cool im buying it today ill see how easy it is to backup;)

I backed it up no problem with bw5 full auto settings on my asus 5224A using tdk 48x cdr media. and yes its safedisk 3.1

Jamos, I’m using a lite-on 48x but I cant get it to copy. Did you change any settings?

Looks like SD3.x is a bucket load easier than 2.9x

Thanks Macrovision if you have decided that while you need to make it hard for pirates, home users can do it easy …

Originally posted by highlander2607
Jamos, I’m using a lite-on 48x but I cant get it to copy. Did you change any settings?

im using blindwrite 5 110 (latest version) the only thing i did different was use the bw5tweaker to slow down the read speed to 4x then started the program from there. I also set the write speed in bw5 options to slow. thats about it…remember it uses autoplay so you need to have bw5 on your computer your playing it on or you need to install the autoplay standalone installer on that computer.

Ive also heard Alchohol 120 can backup this title fine too. but without using autoplay i have problems running safedisk 2.9 and up on my laptop drive. your drive should back up sd titles i think.

im using the ASUS 5224A to do this also using tdk 48x media.

Well I have tried it numerous ways but nothing will work. B\W see’s the COD disc as only being 48mg. Alcohol sees the correct volume but none of the copies will work. It s writing in RAW DAO I believe. Any other advice you might have? Thanks alot.

Originally posted by highlander2607
Well I have tried it numerous ways but nothing will work. B\W see’s the COD disc as only being 48mg. Alcohol sees the correct volume but none of the copies will work. It s writing in RAW DAO I believe. Any other advice you might have? Thanks alot.

what cdrw are you trying to back it up with…only 2 sheep burners seem to work well.

sheep burners? I’ve got a litey 32x. Should I use blindwrite or the newest version of CloneCD? And Blindwrite 457 doesn’t work so well with this but 5 does? 5 didn’t do the latest securerom for me but CloneCD with twinpeaks did. hmmmmmmm… what to do?

If you are using alcohol, use the safedisc (not safedisc2) datatype, and make sure you enable ‘ignore media type’ emulation.

I bought the game today, used the latest Alcohol 120 w/the SD profile (as mentioned) and it works (passes CP check) in my LTD-163 dvd. Reader is my Litey LTR-48125W.

Wish I had more drives to test it with but I don’t.

Originally posted by Andareed
If you are using alcohol, use the safedisc (not safedisc2) datatype, and make sure you enable ‘ignore media type’ emulation.

Not sure if this is blacklisted by safedisk but CloneCD’s “hide CDR media” function is.

I was able to make a successful backup using clone CD 4.2.0.2, Blindwrite 4.2.5, and Blindwrite 5. All copies worked except that I had to disable hide CDR media for it to work. I have 2 burners, a litey 48x and NEC ND1100. They all work in both drives with hide CDR media disabled. If I enable it, I get an error message to insert the correct disk. Plus I have tried all copies in 3 different machines with the same results. They worked in all of them. And none of the other 3 machines had any emulators or backup software installed.

This version seems to be easier to back up for me than previous safedisk (2.9) titles.

>I was able to make a successful backup using clone CD 4.2.0.2,

Try the latest version from www.slysoft.com and see if Hide CD-R Media works. It’s probably bug related and may occur in the new version. It’s the VCD that’s blacklisted as I am assured that the Hide ATIP function can’t be blacklisted.

I tried uninstalling clone CD according to your instructions to get rid of the virtual drive but the clone CD tray uses the ElbyVCD.dll file to function. So I reinstalled with the virtual drive and it will still work with hide CDR media disabled when I run it from both my burners. If I try enabling the hide CDR media thats’ when I get the error message. It doesn’t seem to matter whether or not the virtual drive is installed but whether or not hide CDR media is enabled.

That’s just on this title though. I still have trouble with safedisk 2.9.

(edit) I uninstalled clone CD and the backups still work. And yes I removed the registry entries and folders also. :wink:

The SlySoft version doesn’t use that .DLL for the Tray