I have been trying to burn DVD’s, but I keep getting the Power Calibration Error in Nero. I know that there are other threads on this, but none of the fixes in them worked for me.
What I have already tried:
1)Changing disc brands. Sony and Maxell
2)Followed this fix:
- Install Nero Burning Rom
- Start NeroSmartStart
- from the main menu select “Extras”
- select “Control Drives Speed”
“Nero DriveSpeed” will start
- click “OPTIONS”
- Select (check) “run at startup”
- Select (check) “start minimized”
- Deselect " Restore speed settings at startup"
(although when I do this, the “Restore settings…” seems to check itself back as soon as I close the window)
3)And this fix:
- on Desktop click Start
- select Control Panel
- click on Administrative Tools
- click on Services
- browse your way down to IMAPI CD BURNING COM SERVICE
- right click (on IMAPI) then select properties
- in the middle of the window, it will say start up type. Click on the arrow to the right and select disabled.
- make sure you click APPLY
None of these worked. I am pretty sure it is not a problem with the laser, as CD’s burn fine.