I have been trying to burn DVD's, but I keep getting the Power Calibration Error in Nero. I know that there are other threads on this, but none of the fixes in them worked for me.
What I have already tried:
1)Changing disc brands. Sony and Maxell
2)Followed this fix:
1. Install Nero Burning Rom
2. Start NeroSmartStart
3. from the main menu select "Extras"
4. select "Control Drives Speed"
"Nero DriveSpeed" will start
5. click "OPTIONS"
6. Select (check) "run at startup"
7. Select (check) "start minimized"
6. Deselect " Restore speed settings at startup"
(although when I do this, the "Restore settings..." seems to check itself back as soon as I close the window)
3)And this fix:
1. on Desktop click Start
2. select Control Panel
3. click on Administrative Tools
4. click on Services
5. browse your way down to IMAPI CD BURNING COM SERVICE
6. right click (on IMAPI) then select properties
7. in the middle of the window, it will say start up type. Click on the arrow to the right and select disabled.
8. make sure you click APPLY
None of these worked. I am pretty sure it is not a problem with the laser, as CD's burn fine.