Cakeboxes

I have ordered 6 cakeboxes of 25 unbranded 800 mb CDR’s.
But when i try to burn things above 480 mb or so Nero says there isn’t enough space on the mediums.
I could really use some awnsers right now.

Originally posted by KicKiT
I have ordered 6 cakeboxes of 25 unbranded 800 mb CDR’s.
But when i try to burn things above 480 mb or so Nero says there isn’t enough space on the mediums.
I could really use some awnsers right now.

You ordered them in our shop?
Because I cannot see any other reason for posting it in the Forum Talk forum, where forum related issues can be addressed, so I move it to the medium forum instead.

I’m not sure it’s a media issue either, but perhaps you need to enable overburning in Nero? file - preferences - expert

I don’t exactly know what i should change. But i found a checkbox with overburn disc-at-once. I checked it but i makes no difference.

BTW i bought the CD’s at cdfreaks so thats the reason i posted it here.

You have to set the size of the allowed overburn, in addition to enabling overburning. Set it for 99 min.

Are you burning in DAO, TAO, or SAO?

???

I don’t know what you are talking about.

Sorry for my lack of thinking abilities

You are not lacking in thinking abilities, KicKiT! :smiley:

To “overburn” (which you have to do to write these CDs), you need to have the “Finalize CD” checkbox checked and the write method set to “Disc-At-Once” (DAO) on the “Burn” tab when you burn the CD. You can’t overburn using the Nero Wizard.

BTW, “TAO” means “Track-At-Once”, and SAO means “Session-At-Once”, which is the same as selecting DAO and un-checking the “Finalize CD” checkbox.

Also it probably does but some burners DO NOT support overburn:confused:

Good point, poacher. What drive are you using, KicKiT?

MSI CD-RW MS-8348

Originally posted by LiteOnGuy
you need to have the “Finalize CD” checkbox checked and the write method set to “Disc-At-Once” (DAO) on the “Burn” tab when you burn the CD.

I checked the 2 boxes en set the time at 99:00:00 and it still doesn’t work :S.

Try running the Overburning test in Nero CD Speed (on the “Extra” menu) with one of your 800MB blank discs.

I just tried it but it doesn’t do shit. It seems like it doesn’t recognize is at all.

Try another software,if available.Also,examine the discs,so that they don’t have the ‘hot truck’ syndrome
that cakeboxes sometimes have when they’re left in a truck too long,absorb the heat,and become’unrecordable’ because they have been ‘burned’ already by the intense heat of a closed truck with the sun bearing down on it. Just a option…

how can i test them for the hot truck syndrome?

BTW I tried Nero And Alcohol 120%.
Any other suggestions?

I doubt strongly if there is a ‘certified’ test for it,but one way to see is to examine your discs closely prior to burning for discolorations. That might be your first clue…Good Luck