cactus/EAC/cdparanoia

I’m trying to rip a cactus 200.0.4 3.0 build16c audio cd with my PX-40TS (old version, firmware <1.10).

When i use EAC, it can identify the first 3 to 9 (it depends from time to time (eject, insert again) , if someone understands how that’s possible?) tracks as audio tracks , so i was able to get a clean wav for them.
Using manual toc detection seems to hang (also with non protected CD’s).

In plextools, the single session option is disable :(.

I’ve also got a linux machine at my disposal , with a cheap , no brand cdrom (50 speed, so reasonably modern) . If i use cdparanoia, i’m able to extract the remaining tracks (doesn’t seem to be bothered at all by illegal tocs). Unfortunatly , there is a clicking sound every 20s or so :frowning: , which is kinda odd since cdparanoia was especially created to avoid clicks (actually it seems eac was inspired on cdparanoia)

My questions :

1. suggestions on why cdparanoia is not paranoia at all?
  2. is there a way to feed eac with a toc generated by an external program ? This seems to my like an easy way to defeat these kind of copy protections (just get your hands on the appropriate toc and you 're on your way)
  3. other suggestions ?

thnx
Beamer

get ClonyXXL & Profiler from http://www.clony.smokers-board.de/
and get clonecd from www.elby.ch
that might help

use the clonyxxl to detect the protection then profiler to launch clonecd with the profile needed

:bigsmile:

if this wont succeed then use clonecd and read only the first session that could work

also get easy cd-da extractor from : http://www.poikosoft.com
it have a cd protection detection thingy for a few audio protections and it can extract em well i think it have support for cactus

good luck

Didn’t wanna use clonecd because there are some serious scratches on the cd :frowning:

I tried the easy cd-da extractor and it recognizes the tracks , but only in my writer (plex 8/2/20) …
The program doesn’t seem to have a lot of error correcting, but the resulting wav’s appear to be ok (no hearable artifarcts) :slight_smile:

Thnx for the tip !

(still, if one day we could enter a TOC in eac … :slight_smile: )

beamer

@ Beamer145: why don´t you try the latest fw for your reader?

If i use cdparanoia, i’m able to extract the remaining tracks (doesn’t seem to be bothered at all by illegal tocs). Unfortunatly , there is a clicking sound every 20s or so
,if you try reading it at a lower speed?(~4x´s) and perhaps the latest Plextools(v.1.21),how about givin´it a try and let us know?/gs