Cactus Data Shield

vbimport

I have bought an audio cd which is protected by cactus data shield. ( Marco Borsato Onderweg) I would like to rip the tracks to mp3 to be able to play them in my mp3player.

Tried Exact Audio Copy but the rips are full of drops and clicks.

Is there a way to get a decent rip of this cd?
:confused:

You are probably dutch, the same as i am, but i’ll tell this in english so that is also readeble for other people.

I copied the cd witch BlindWrite, use write mode ‘Session at once’. Now the confusing track will be seperated from the audio.

Now you can rip the CD with any program Nero, etc…). I used a Plex40tsi cdrom drive for reading and a plex 16/10/40 cdrw for writing. :slight_smile:

I hope this works for you!

hey this actually helped me
thank you
glad you typed it in english :slight_smile:

I think that copying it in SAO mode has nothing to do with the fact that you could copy it afterwards… I think that Blindwrite just correct errors in illegal TOC’s just like CloneCD does. BTW with your Plextor you should have no problem reading/ripping/copying the disc!

Ok but if i burn it in a DAO mode the protection is intact. This is the same for CloneCD. The CDS protection uses a multisession CD. I know that because a CDS protected CD cannot be longer the n around 77 minutes (that’s for the 2nd sessiom). Now when they are seperated then the CD will be seen as a normal multisession CD or as a CD-Extra CD.

If you don’t believe me then try it with BlindSuite and CloneCD! :slight_smile:

I will give it a try this weekend! But my own experience is that a standard DAO96-raw copy with CloneCD already makes the copy readable by all my other readers (while they can’t read the orginal…), this is because CloneCD modifies the entries in the .CCD file (to be more exact: the postgap/pregap (after the first session, before the second session) is modified, apparently this modification makes the backup readable by all… still don’t know exactly why this is.)

:slight_smile:

Yes… your trick also wordks good. HMMM maybe Blindwrite has some other experiences then CloneCD. But the result in CCD was that all tracks hab become Data-Tracks… When i wrote in SAO mode everything was 100%. In blindwrite when i copy in DAO mode the copy will also be copy protected somehow…

Thanx for your comment :slight_smile:

Have you tried CloneCD in SAO-RAW mode?

Or try CDMate. they’ve really got their act together !:stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Redd Ears
[B]I have bought an audio cd which is protected by cactus data shield. ( Marco Borsato Onderweg) I would like to rip the tracks to mp3 to be able to play them in my mp3player.

Tried Exact Audio Copy but the rips are full of drops and clicks.

Is there a way to get a decent rip of this cd?
:confused: [/B]

I copied the Marco cd…but I couldn’t rip the MP3’s of even with my Plextor 8x and my Lite-On 40x, but I was able to copy it with CloneCD 3.3.4.1 using my Plextor 8x (because Lite-On failed at this CDS 200 protection)…

This settings for CloneCD 3.3.4.1 (found with Clony 2.0.0.5)…only Enable this settings!

Read:
Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks
Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks
4x

Write:
BurnProof / JustLink*
Laser Power Calibration*
DAO-RAW
Close last session

• Only if possible

Greetzzz,

Sauron

Sauron, I did exactly what you did and copied the cd. Worked perfectly and guess what?

I can rip the tracks from this copy to mp3 now without any problems!!!

Strange but true. I’am glad Clone cd was not able to get a 100% clone this time. :slight_smile: