Cactus Data Shield copy-protection multi-session structure

I want to create a cd with the following structure:

Session 1: audio tracks (mode: cd audio)
Session 2: data track (mode: cd-rom mode 1)

I know of the Cd mixmode format, but this format uses only 1 session and track 1 is the data track. I know of the Cd-rom ready format, but this format also uses 1 session and stores the data in the pregrap of audio track 1. I know of the Cd Extra/Cd Plus/Enhanced music Cd format, but this format only allows data tracks in cd-rom mode 2 in session 2…

Anybody knows how to solve this problem? Would it be possible to create an raw-2352 iso-image? I don’t know that much about creating Iso-images, so any hints on how I might accomplish this are appreciated.

(Fyi: the structure above is the structure used by a Cactus Data Shield 200 protected audio cd.)

Hmmm… only 44 views… I thought a lot of people would be interested in de structure of a CDS cd… apparently not :frowning:

Nobody with some info???

:slight_smile:

Maybe this is a stupid idea, but what if you would create a mixmode cdr and first only burn the audio tracks. Then close the session.

Then try to continue the CDR by using Nero Multisession and add the data tracks you want.

Don’t know if it will work; try a CDRW first! :smiley:

hmm… tried it but I can’t seem to burn a MixMode CDR without any data files added.
I’ll add a txt file as data file and then try to create a multisession with another data file added in the 2nd session.

Will report in a few minutes…

Ok, this is what I came up with:

I first created a mixmode session with adding 3 audio files and 1 txt file as the data in it. I had to do this otherwise the burning couldn’t be started!

After this session was closed I started Nero Multisession and selected Continue MS. Nero told me that the 1st session wasn’t created by Nero MS but it continued anyway.
Then I dragged another data file to the compilation and burned the CDR again.

And here’s the result:

Hope this is what you where trying to do! :smiley:

Hmmm… a multi-session cd with the first session being mixmode… Well this is pretty close to the structure I described… I will give it a try. Thanx for trying for me!

But any info on creating the CDS-structure in Iso-2352-raw format? Which tools can be recommended, where to find more info?

:smiley:

Hmm… I just noticed that the cue of a CDRwin ISO said that it was that standard.

Hmmm… did not know that CDRWin was able to generate ISO-2352 raw images. I going to check that out! Thanx for your effort!

Originally posted by Upp3rd0G
[B]Hmmm… did not know that CDRWin was able to generate ISO-2352 raw images. I going to check that out! Thanx for your effort!

:smiley: [/B]

It isn’t…the author of Cdrwin “forgot” to mention that in it’s so called “raw” images,no 96 bytes subchannel data is included…

Great to know that! Thanx for the info. Do you know of any image-creating tools which are able to make real raw/96-2352 images?

You guys are great. I wish I could help out, but I’m an idiot about this kind of stuff. Anyway, MOJO to ya to keep going and figure this out. I assume the ultimate goal is to find a way to easily rip the audio tracks off a CDS-200 disk.

I’d like to be able to do that, so I could burn an unprotected CD of the higher quality audio in WAV format for use in my car or my office PC.

Originally posted by roadworker
[B]

It isn’t…the author of Cdrwin “forgot” to mention that in it’s so called “raw” images,no 96 bytes subchannel data is included… [/B]

Sorry for giving wrong info if I did but when I view a cuefile it says:
FILE “DEV-WMBT.BIN” BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

:confused:

Originally posted by Wookie
[B]

Sorry for giving wrong info if I did but when I view a cuefile it says:
FILE “DEV-WMBT.BIN” BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

:confused: [/B]

Yes this is correct…
RAW mode is always using the whole 2352 bytes per sector for data ONLY, nothing else…so there is no other choice. But a RAW compilation may also use extended data, eg an image of Securom,PSX or similar, this corresponds to “RAW+16” or “RAW+96” mode. The actual sectorsize of such a disk is defined in the image cuesheet as 2368 or 2448 bytes per sector…

wookie, how do u take still shots of the window abouve?

Originally posted by shuebhussain
wookie, how do u take still shots of the window abouve?

You mean that picture?

[ul][li] Screenshot taken with the Print Screen button (copy)
[/li][li] CTRL+V in Paint (paste)
[/li][li] Edited in ACDSee (size)
[/li][li] Uploaded with FlashFXP (publish)
[/li][li] Used the forums [img] tags to show the pic here [/ul]
[/li]
Is that what you wanted to know? :wink:

yes. Cheers - thats somethin i never knew :slight_smile:

Your welcome :wink:

Originally posted by Upp3rd0G
Great to know that! Thanx for the info. Do you know of any image-creating tools which are able to make real raw/96-2352 images?
I’m just starting to investigate DiscJuggler (Padus.com) which you may already know about. It’s a hot item for the Karoke crowd because of it’s ability to read & write +96 and all the other graphics & text stuff that goes with it. Let me know if I’m talking crap here btw !

It seems to be a powerful mastering proggy (it can’t read LaserLock or SD2 but I may not have the right settings because VeNoM386 used to swear by it :confused: )

@FutureProof
I am going to check that out! Thanx for the tip.

Any more tips for creating real raw images (2352bytes + 96 subs)?

“It seems to be a powerful mastering proggy (it can’t read LaserLock or SD2 but I may not have the right settings because VeNoM386 used to swear by it )”

That’s right M8,you don’t use the right settings…I’ve backupped Max payne with it :smiley: …As with most programs,your writer needs to support SD2,since DiscJuggler has no AWS option(YET;) )

Upp3rdOG,AFAIK,there are no programs that can create raw+96 images from your own datafiles…
Programs,able to do it from cd:
CloneCd,DiscJuggler,CDMate,FantomCd,BlindWriteSuite,Vob Instant CD-DVD6…Even the latest Nero versions seem to have a DAO+96 option now,but I don’t know about it’s capabilities yet…
Burndrive,RawCopy and TheCloner are some other options…LOL…:wink: