Cactus Data Shield 200 0.4 10b problem!

vbimport

I know that there are other threads regarding this protection, but I have tried everything in then, and none helped.

This is what I got…

Placebo / Sleeping With Ghosts

It has CDS200 0.4 10b on it.

I was able to get a correct TOC when i did manual TOC in EAC, but when i extract the tracks, they are complete, but there are skips and squeeks thruout the songs in about 6 second intervals…

And when I look on the underside of the Cd it seems that there are a million small tracks (binary between the audio?) . …

Is there something weird about this CD and it’s protection, have i done something wrong while extracting ?

Will a new CD-RW unit (such as a LiteON 52X CD-RW) be able to ripp this CD correctly ?

I tried all different modes, different levels of error correction and i tried in both my drives

One is a Pioneer DVD-ROM (S106 ? i think)
The other is my SONY CD-RW (CRX0811)

If anyone has been able to ripp this specific CD properly, please, do let me know…

It was released on the 24th of March (monday)

Please… This is my favorite group, and I have heard the CD in mp3 format but I want the uncompressed (proper) WAVs onto my HD so that I can enjoy the music without wearing on the CD

I apologize for creating a new thread about this, but I beleive there is something ‘fishy’ about this… So

Any help is more than welcome. If wish to email me my adress is:

sugger@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time…

Hi,try to read it at a lower speed and see if it´ll work(4x´s perhaps).

thanks for the tip but believe me, i’ve allready tried that… And probably everything else too… I believe the ‘CD’ i have is seriously fucked up due to the copy protection and I am returning it to the shop…

I will be ordering the same CD from the UK, which suposedly has no copy protection

Have you also tried using Alcohol and dump the .img of your disc,and mount it with the virtualdrive in Alc. and rip the tracks with a right configured Eac??

I just got my hands on a CDS 200.0.4 4.0 build 10b CD (Bangles - Doll Revolution) [don’t ask!] :wink:

Anyway, I managed to rip everything except the first track using EAC in my Lite-On 24102B burner. Did that and then popped it in my Pioneer DVD-116. It gave very strange track lengths for the last few tracks, but track 1 ripped fine in EAC. (so I have no idea if the later tracks would have worked)

Didn’t even need to do anything like manually detect TOC, “it just worked”. This of course was running EAC before inserting the CD.

One curious thing for me - this is the first CDS CD I’ve come across with a Mac player.

The only Cactus CDs I can’t seem to rip properly are Future Trance 20 and 21 (more my taste!) which are CDS200.0.4 3.0 build 16c. I can’t seem to get track 1 to work whatever I do (manually detect TOC, take an image and mount into Alcohol/Clone CD etc.etc.)

I’m waiting to buy some new hardware (new Lite-On or a Plextor) that will cut through more protections, but I’m not sure there’s ever a good time to buy anything as new protections will evolve. I guess it will just be a “war of attrition” between us and the record labels for the forseeable future.

The only Cactus CDs I can’t seem to rip properly are Future Trance 20 and 21 (more my taste!) which are CDS200.0.4 3.0 build 16c. I can’t seem to get track 1 to work whatever I do (manually detect TOC, take an image and mount into Alcohol/Clone CD etc.etc.)
Anyone skilled person who might tell the difference between CDS versions??Please!?/gs

Originally posted by gene_simmons
Anyone skilled person who might tell the difference between CDS versions??Please!?/gs

If you browse through the contents of the CD, you can find a file called VERSION.TXT in one of the folders (can’t remember which folder and don’t have a CDS CD here to check).

But if you’re asking what are the specific differences between different versions then I’m not sure. But I do think that more recent versions are slightly more “relaxed” (ie. they are slightly easier to rip and work in more hardware).

I thought that ClonyXXL was supposed to give you the exact version number of the Cactus Data shield used on the drive.

I think that it does read it from the same *.txt file though.

regards,
Halcyon

But if you’re asking what are the specific differences between different versions then I’m not sure. But I do think that more recent versions are slightly more “relaxed” (ie. they are slightly easier to rip and work in more hardware).
Thats exactly what I had in mind,the technical mischmasch differences of each version of CrapptusDataShield not just the versions differences…/gs

I have read that earlier and some more , but never crossed any info on what differs in´the different ver. of CDS 200./gs

Originally posted by Phrizz
thanks for the tip but believe me, i’ve allready tried that… And probably everything else too… I believe the ‘CD’ i have is seriously fucked up due to the copy protection and I am returning it to the shop…

I have the same cd (in which country did you get yours? i got mine in germany) and
i finally ripped it.
using my plextor PX-W2410A and the latest firmware from Plextor (1.4 i think).
with burst-mode and only 4x speed i was able to make a good rip, using higher speeds resulted in some clicks around 9 secs in each track.

that´s the same problem i had with Avril Lavigne …

good luck!

miToZ

as i said to someone who had the same problem :

get ClonyXXL & Profiler from http://www.clony.smokers-board.de/
and get clonecd from www.elby.ch
that might help

use the clonyxxl to detect the protection then profiler to launch clonecd with the profile needed

if this wont succeed then use clonecd and read only the first session that could work

also get easy cd-da extractor from : http://www.poikosoft.com
it have a cd protection detection thingy for a few audio protections and it can extract em well i think it have support for cactus

Tip: Buy a newer burner. i just bought an ASUS CRW5224 52X, and its great for backing up my CDS200 protected audio cds.

Unfortunately, i think it is impossible to get the squeaks out. I also have a TDK401248X, and that could only rip with squeaks in it. I tried forever to fix it, but only made it worse :stuck_out_tongue:

Tip: Buy a newer burner. i just bought an ASUS CRW5224 52X, and its great for backing up my CDS200 protected audio cds.
Or perhaps a Plextor?/gs

Originally posted by mitoz
[B]

… resulted in some clicks around 9 secs in each track…

miToZ [/B]

I have the same problem with my Plex24 and Pet Shop Boys CD. ( low or high speed )
I have try it with CloneCd - same result 9 sec…

Please help :bow: :bow: :bow:

@ V@A : if you have a Plextor why not use Plextools? instead of Clone?And by the way check your latest firmware?/gs

Originally posted by V@A
[B]

I have the same problem with my Plex24 and Pet Shop Boys CD. ( low or high speed )
I have try it with CloneCd - same result 9 sec…

Please help :bow: :bow: :bow: [/B]

Try reducing your ripping speed (in PlexTools) to 4X CAV (sp?) and use the Digital Audio Extraction tool with “Single Session” selected. Anything over 4X with my Plextor 2410A causes dropouts 9 seconds into each track (and probably repeating).

thanx for help

Plex web page has only upgrades - but I dont have Plextools. Where can I found it?

Hi V@A this? ,and then upgrade through this? /gs (you could try this if you like)