Cable TV problems

I have cable tv and cable internet with Suddenlink. My cable internet works fine. However, I have a problem with my cable tv. At times the tv picture will hang up and then when I switch channels the tv will have a good picture for about 6 to 10 seconds and then go dark with no sound for 2 or 3 seconds. It will keep doing this until I unplug the cable box and reboot it.

A repairman has been here three times and says there is nothing wrong with my signal strength. The box has been replaced but this did not correct the problem.

Any suggestions since this has been happening intermittently for the past three weeks. Sometimes more than once a day, other times will go two days with no problem.

What about your T.V. ?

Does it experience any issues from other sources besides cable?

Do you have another T.V. to try?

:cool::cool:

I’m sure it is not the TV since either DVD or computer feeds to the tv work fine.

how are you feeding the signal into the TV? I don’t think any boxes are using HDMI yet but if yours is it could be a handshake or cable issue with just the box and your particular TV.

[QUOTE=Josh5v;2283136]I have cable tv and cable internet with Suddenlink. My cable internet works fine. However, I have a problem with my cable tv. At times the tv picture will hang up and then when I switch channels the tv will have a good picture for about 6 to 10 seconds and then go dark with no sound for 2 or 3 seconds. It will keep doing this until I unplug the cable box and reboot it.

A repairman has been here three times and says there is nothing wrong with my signal strength. The box has been replaced but this did not correct the problem.

Any suggestions since this has been happening intermittently for the past three weeks. Sometimes more than once a day, other times will go two days with no problem.[/QUOTE]

Hi. I’m with Suddenlink and would like to help investigate these issues for you. Please contact me directly at tina AT suddenlink DOT com with the name on your account and we’ll go from there. Thank you!