Cable layout for 32 LCD Television

[qanda]This thread is about the Dynex DX-LCD32-09 - 32. Click here to see full specs[/qanda][qanda]This thread is about the Dynex DX-LCD32-09 - 32. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Macho Dad tries to get daughters new system going & big mess.
Rogers cable to Hitachi VCR. Dynex DX-LCD32-09 Television. Wii. Xbox.
My problem seems to be I can get VCR+Wii but not the DVD or Xbox as well as when I try to hook to VCR or component it kills everything. Tried S cable and 3 RCA type to component RCA plugs 7 of them. Tried so many ways I have just got lost. Temporary solution unplug VCR or Wii. DVD same thing works fine if you don’t want audio.
So what I want for Dad to save face is a dummies wiring plan with type of cables plug colours and best layout. Tech friends and myself thought our ideas we had would work but have been proven wrong.
I hoping this is a wiring issue and be an easy one for someone who has already hooked up a Dynex LCD or understands how to wire components. They povide one RCA (R,W,Y) socket and 2 component row of multiple coloured sockets plus one S socket. I wish they had provided 2 rows of (R,W,Y) sockets as this worked on her old TV. As on her Input she had a location to switch between VCR and game and all we have now is Video with no game logon selector on screen. I have tried VCR with DVD attached it kills the signal.

It will also depend on the types of outputs of each device. The component inputs will likely connect to the DVD Player and the Wii or Xbox (note component cables are video only, so you also need audio connections). The VCR will likely only connect using the component input (yellow RCA + red/white RCA for audio). So you are left with only the S-Video input, which can be used for whichever device has S-Video outputs.

There should be numerous wiring diagrams in the user manual.

The VCR will likely only connect using the [B]component[/B] input (yellow RCA + red/white RCA for audio).

Make that[B] composite[/B] or RF (from antenna out to your TV’s antenna input).