Cable just got better

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Well good news for cable / ntlworld customers,I,ve just been upgraded from 512k to 600k for free :bigsmile: and with a little tweak i,m hitting 645ks SUPER !!
About time had something for free- good PR stunt against BT Openworld though.

GGGRRRRRRRREAT WORK NTL :cool:

what’s the little tweak?

Webroots Accelerate tool - the same team that provide window washer - best about it it works . ! run a few tests at bandwidthplace.com getting consistent b/width:bigsmile: its straight forward nice little tool save you messing around.:cool:

I just contacted NTL, they’ve told me that it’s not in plans until November… :frowning: Where do you live? Did you do any special arrangement, or did they do it automatically?

It’s already in action. Having said that I was getting that sort of speed anyway so I can’t tell the difference.:frowning:

:bigsmile:
yep its working at new rate now !! it even tells you on the home page !!

:cool:

Coventry - by the way !

i am also a cable user.

I had the cab;e internet at my dads house. Well he moved away and now i’ve got the cable modem and im at my moms. Presently, we are about to move so we didn’t have the cable internet service activated. Well, last night i was on the net over the phone line and kept getting kicked off.

So i decided, why the hell not hook up the modem just to see if it works. Well i did and it worked. So i am happy to be geting free cable internet.:bigsmile: :smiley: :cool: .
I have no clue why this is working but it is so i am very happy.

I can move my modem to my mates house and it still works. I believe it’s because the modem is authorised to access the net rather than it being sent to the house. It just comes with the cable telly

Most cable modems are activated and kept alive because of the mac id, as long as it’s in the sytem I can go anywhere in this city and as long as cable modem service is available thru the same company I can hook up anywhere

that would make sense except for the fact that the service was cancelled about a week ago. Maybe im just getting the rest of this month. I don’t know, but i like it.

Originally posted by snout
[B]:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Well good news for cable / ntlworld customers,I,ve just been upgraded from 512k to 600k for free :bigsmile: and with a little tweak i,m hitting 645ks SUPER !!
About time had something for free- good PR stunt against BT Openworld though.

GGGRRRRRRRREAT WORK NTL :cool: [/B]

upgraded from what speed? are u getting 600kbps more or is that your top speed? www.dslreports.com has good speed testers.

AZN

Was on 512 originally - but all customers on this have been upgraded to 600 = 15% increase.
Owts better than Nowt :bigsmile:

THATS COOL… im on attbi cable they give us 1500kbps down and 256kbps up for $47

AZN

Originally posted by aznsniper
[B]THATS COOL… im on attbi cable they give us 1500kbps down and 256kbps up for $47

AZN [/B]

I’ll have to think about emigrating, where are you? It’s about $75 for 1mbps here.

west coast. Oregon.

AZN

I laugh at your speeds.Here in Belgium we’ve got cable at 10 megabit / second.

good for u
how much does it cost for 10mbps?
on the east cost they have OOL optimum online for $40 a month and they get 10mbps down and 1mpbs up…
but if u really want to compare here in america we have fiber optics… that laughs at 10mbps.

AZN

Sod off the pair of you :wink:

I have 100 MBit @university :smiley: :smiley:

:bigsmile:
Wished i had not started this thread now !!

Mines bigger than yours blah blah blah…
:wink:
oh well looks like putting my hand in my pocket to get some more speed then.
But would i really need 10mbs + unless i was d/loading big / huge files ?? mmmmmm films spring to mind !!