C2 TECH 1-8x DVD+R( Loblaws inc)

vbimport

I was in the local Superstore grocery shopping today and decided to purchase their brand of DVD+R. I bought a 50pack of C2 TECH 8x DVD+R for 13.98 plus taxes I get home and did a disc info on them and they turned out to be Verbatim MCC 003. I was thinking they would be no good as they said they are made in Hong Kong but a 50 pack of verbs MCC 003 for 13.98.

[QUOTE=GJ;2116467]I was thinking they would be no good as they said they are made in Hong Kong but a 50 pack of verbs MCC 003 for 13.98.[/QUOTE]

Yep, fake MCC if they’re made in hong kong. Hopefully they’re good enough for everday use though. :slight_smile:

Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (a.k.a. Verbatim) do not have any factories in Hong Kong, nor do they outsource to any operations there. The media is therefore using a fake MID. I strongly doubt they’ll be much good, particularly if your drive uses a writing strategy influenced by media MID - it will then use an AZO burning strategy on a disc that is probably only cyanine.

Fake well that’s alright I will still use them for when I try a different dvd back up output.

Stupid question, does anyone have proof that Mitsubishi chemical corporation does not have a dvd set up in Hong Kong? I did a google and found they have an office their so why not a dvd factory? Any proof if so give me some links to verify. I want to know why people think made in Hong Kong are fakes if they verbatim.

[QUOTE=GJ;2116579]Stupid question, does anyone have proof that Mitsubishi chemical corporation does not have a dvd set up in Hong Kong? I did a google and found they have an office their so why not a dvd factory? Any proof if so give me some links to verify. I want to know why people think made in Hong Kong are fakes if they verbatim.[/QUOTE]

Proving negatives tends to be rather difficult… That said, while I don’t know what that office does, MCC is a gigantic company, and DVDs (and related items) are far from their only products. Besides, their HK business could for instance be a sales office rather than a factory.

They have listed facilities in HK and the lion city under “Major Overseas Subsidiaries and Offices” on their list of worldwide offices but while another Singapore address is listed as dealing with DVDs in their list of group companies, HK isn’t mentioned there at all.

[QUOTE=GJ;2116579]Stupid question, does anyone have proof that Mitsubishi chemical corporation does not have a dvd set up in Hong Kong? I did a google and found they have an office their so why not a dvd factory? Any proof if so give me some links to verify. I want to know why people think made in Hong Kong are fakes if they verbatim.[/QUOTE]

Taking word from Mitsubishi and Verbatim themselves + the actual evidence on the media. (And the confirmation about some disc’s not being official mitsubishi from some of those manufacturers.)

Have a look at any codes around the hub of the disc (both in the dye and on the clear hub), and post them here.

Added to what SeanW and dakhaas said, that’ll be your proof that the discs are indeed fake. :wink:

OK not too sure if this is correct but this is what is on the hub I think 1/3:02084223/0/ /[B]B[/B]R2AM+[B]B [/B] hard to see the B’s could be 8’s and the / could be 1’s. And the stamped are DVD+R 8x 38-3091. I not sure if these are correct hard to read them. Anyway I have 50 and will have to use them up, I’ll use them for my recorded TV shows from my dvd recorder.

[QUOTE=GJ;2117131]OK not too sure if this is correct but this is what is on the hub I think 1/3:02084223/0/ /[B]B[/B]R2AM+[B]B [/B] hard to see the B’s could be 8’s and the / could be 1’s. And the stamped are DVD+R 8x 38-3091. I not sure if these are correct hard to read them. Anyway I have 50 and will have to use them up, I’ll use them for my recorded TV shows from my dvd recorder.[/QUOTE]

Disc’s were not produced with a Genuine Mitsubishi stamper.
Looks you got something that uses a stamper made by MUST.

It been awhile but I burned some movies using these discs and scanned them. The reader I used was my Lite-on DH20A4P and the burner I used was my Pioneer DVR- 216D. I did 3 scans 1 at max, another at 8x and the last at 4x. This disc was burned at 8x. I did 2 more burns at 2 different speed but will post those tomorrow.

Doesnt look too bad :iagree:

They’re ok for every day use I guess.

ok this disc was burned at 6x and I used the same burner and reader as the scans above. This disc did not burn that good as it worse than the 8x burned disc

Real MCC003 is one of the most compatible discs I have ever used. Almost as compatible as Taiyo Yuden T02. It produces superb results. Your results are not too bad for fakes but absolutely nowhere near real MCC003.

ok here is the final scans burned at 4x. Looks like this is the only 50 pack I will buy of this brand of dvd. Same thing for the scans as the other 2 scans I already posted.

Yes from these scans they are nowhere near the quality of real verb’s and the are worse than my TDK and staples discs I have.