C2 errors and premium

Hi, i was testing a fuji (TY’s) cd that i burned with my plextor premium (1.04 fw) for c2 errors. That software i used was cdspeed. I put the cd in my premium and tested it, and it came out fine, no errors. I also have a liteon 48125w, and used this drive to test the same cd, and it reported a c2 error at the 57th minute. I reburned another cd with the same contents with the premium and it reported the same error in the liteon drive. The premium reads the cd’s just fine with no errors. Is there a problem with my liteon reading or premium write quality?

I also tested with kprobe and the same thng happened.

my current setup: xp with aspi installed. both the liteon and premium are on seperate channels as master, cause i have a raid controller.

Originally posted by joso__g
[B]Hi, i was testing a fuji (TY’s) cd that i burned with my plextor premium (1.04 fw) for c2 errors. That software i used was cdspeed. I put the cd in my premium and tested it, and it came out fine, no errors. I also have a liteon 48125w, and used this drive to test the same cd, and it reported a c2 error at the 57th minute.

Don’t worry. This seems to be the “57min.-bug”. I, too, get the same error in my Liteon… okay, take a look at the liteon forum, this is plextor-forum ;). Search for “57 min bug” or similiar, or even take a look at the google’s news-archive.

Nevertheless, your cds are alright.

Yes all Lite-On drives with mediatek series 5 have this bug. Seems to be the chipset and nothing that could be fixed by a firmware upgrade.

all LTR-xxxx5x have this problem so there is no need to worry.

thanks alot for the replies. I was beginning to worry that my premium is not making a quality burn. I honestly don’t care about my liteon, as long as my premium is fine.

I honestly don’t care about my liteon, as long as my premium is fine.

:bigsmile:

That’s the spirit!

Originally posted by haldol
[B]:bigsmile:

That’s the spirit! [/B]
LOL :bigsmile: :slight_smile:

Yes, I have the same “problem” with my 48125W. You can “fix” this problem by scanning your discs at 40x instead of 48x.

BTW, you should care about your Lite-On drive, too! It may not be as good as the Plex, but it’s a good drive too! :bigsmile: