C2/CU Errors

vbimport

Plextor Premium:

Please help. Every single time I burn something, towards the very end of the cd, I get 100-300 C2/CU errors, and the speeds gradually drop at the end of the burn too :frowning: I’ve tried 2 different brand CDR’s, 1 being Maxell (certified by plextor). I’ve tried upgrading nero, plextools, and firmware. Nothing helps. Any ideas?

The problem is still probably with the media compatibility with that drive.

1. Try a slower speed (you could also try setting the read and write speeds to max 40x in the Silent mode settings in PlexTools before burning)

2. Try another media again

I’ve had same kind of problem with particular discs (TDK manufactured ‘Metallic’ discs) which refuse to burn OK at ANY speed on LiteOn 48246s, but seem to burn ok on Yamaha CRW3200.

regards,
Halcyon

Might also depend on what you burn. Some discs do have unreadable sectors, esp. those that contain boot sectors, such as the TrueImage recovery cd.

Originally posted by urvieh
Might also depend on what you burn. Some discs do have unreadable sectors, esp. those that contain boot sectors, such as the TrueImage recovery cd.

the weird thing though, is that it would slow down at the end of every cd… plus i had backed up some files i have on the pc, and it did the same thing (probably should have mentioned that before). and i know that’s not protected :stuck_out_tongue: well, anyway…this issue is solved :wink: i returned it as damaged and got another one, and this one works perfectly :slight_smile: so thanks for the help guys :wink:

lol, it put my post before yours??? after i replied to it (and quoting you) weird!!! :smiley:

edit: and still doing it :stuck_out_tongue: