C1 And CU errors with premium

youp,
I have a problem whith Q check c1/c2 test on plextools: when i make the test i have many erros c1 and cu, i tried bad and good quality discs and ilts the same thing, i tried on the oem disc of nero and there are the same errors!
i think that my motherboard is for something in that stuff.
i have a abit nf7 mothernoard based on nforce 2 chipset
please help me, i dont know if the discs i burn are welle burned or not, i cant know if the disc i bougth are good or not.

ps: excuse my english is so bad

Hi, your problem could be related to the Nvidia nForce2 drivers.

Try these modified drivers, maybe they could solve your problem.

Good luck, ET.

Originally posted by Met0s
i have a abit nf7 mothernoard based on nforce 2 chipset

thanks, but the drivers had no particular effect on my bug.
see, i dont know if i welle describe the problem: this is the test of the original nero oem disc, plextools detecs errors …

i fogot to say taht im on win xp pro with all microsoft updates

What happens if you try to copy all the files of the CD to a temporary directory on your hard disc? Does the drive slow down? If you make the same with another drive, does it slow down?

If your premium is the internal/ATAPI model, did you check that it is working in DMA and not in PIO mode?

Anyway, it sounds like an hardware problem of your premium…

this is the test of the original nero oem disc, plextools detecs errors …

i have no problems to red cds, its just this q-check feature of plextool that can’t be run correctly
i think that my drive is on dma mode, i’m not sure (i dont know where i can see that …)
i thought in a hardware probleme too, but i tried my burner on a asus moterboard, and it worked well!
it’s no all, at the bigining ( 7 mounths ago) the writer worked welle, and i dont know the reason why, but a moning the problem apears ( i tried on my asus motherboard a month after)
i thinnk n vidia drivers are the origin of the problem, i dont know how to return ton xp drivers, the solution is maybe there

You don’t hide cd-r media, do you?

i don’t, i don’t know what is this feature is.

Wierd that on the Nero disc you’re getting no C2 errors–only C1 and CU errors. CU errors usually happen when excessive C2 errors occur.

If you’re getting the same thing, i.e., no C2 errors on most CD-R media, I’d suggest an RMA for the drive. It’s not functioning the way it should.

Good suggestion bob11879, but he tried the drive on a different motherboard and it did work there so I would think the problem lies with drivers or something like that.

i thought in a hardware probleme too, but i tried my burner on a asus moterboard, and it worked well!
It’s a weird problem since there is only a problem with PlexTools’ C1/C2 Error Tests and not with the hardware itself (since it can read CDs fine I assume the drive is fine). Met0s have you tried uninstalling PlexTools and reinstalling it? Have you tried uninstalling the nForce drivers and installing the modified ones? Please report back!

its a very weird problem…
i uninslalled plextool many times, i formated my hd once and i didn’t test plextool befor installing wp’s updates and nvidia drivers.
it can be nvidia drivers, or maybe xp s updates…
the cd burning works well (on good cdr), i think i ll continue to use my recodre wiyhout this plextools feature, maybe a day this Q chek will work.
thanks for your help

I think it also has something to do with the nVidia drivers. You could try the drive in another system (which doesn’t use nVidia drivers) to see if the Q-Check functions work there. If so then there is definitely a driver problem on your system.

i would test on another pc, but i cant… for ythe moment, i’ll test on a firend 's pc at the next lan party i’ll do, in about a month.
until that i cant have another computer to test
thanks for the idea

I have the same problem, i tried to format and reinstall winxp with and without nforce drivers and various patch.

my mobo is an abit NF7-S nforce 2 last thing that i do a week before was a BIOS upgrade

Met0s you have upgraded too mobo’s BIOS ?

p.s.

sorry for my english

din’t try to update motherboard s bios yet, i’ll try soon.
you have the same problem? is it resolved by flashin bios?

hey guys,
also same board, winxp latest bios patches etc etc. not using nforce ide drivers but the standart ones

all works for me :slight_smile: when it comes to cd checking, but I had some weird burns recently when burning at 40x speed

this is a TY disc. I burned 3 more discs at 32x speed and all burns are ok it seems. I am not gonna wast another 10 disc trying to burn at 40x speed and 32x speed just to see thats the porblem cuase the ty discs cost a ton.

maybe this is also an issues with you guys?

din’t try to update motherboard s bios yet, i’ll try soon.
you have the same problem? is it resolved by flashin bios?

I’ dont have resolved the problem.

i think that it can be related to BIOS update because the plextools showed this problem few days after update.

but i’m not sure…

My firmware is 1.05 i never had this problem with the olders versions

i’ve updated the bios, re-installing xp drivers (i think …)
and, no changes… i’m disapointed, i test a audio cdr and a hercules installation disc, and hercules’ disc have more erors than the audio disc i burned!
i tested a cd rw scrched, and i’ve seen thant the c2 errors detection worked fine.
i think taht is a bug of plextool with some configurations ( drivers, firmwares…), i couldn’t find any other possibility ( or my premium is “frelled” (out of order))

i use the lastest firmware and the lastest plextolls version, and the lastest nvidia drivers, the lastest bios…
i’d problems with firmware few month ago (my recorder only burn at 16x) but i solved them by a big formating :iagree: