C1 and c2 scans

Ok, I want to do some tests with my Plex and old Sony ( I’ll share the results here if i find anything interesting) but I dont know what software to use to do this with. I’ve already searched the forums, lots mentioning c1 and c2 but none mention what software to use. I also tried googling and same thing. so what do i use?

There is a utility called Nero CD Speed, which comes with Nero Burning ROM (in the Nero Toolkit) which lets you do this. You can also download it here:

CD Speed Download Link

Well i have nero and looked all around in CD speed wich i have used before and see nothing relating to this. Could you point me as to where it is.

c1 and c2 scans cannot be done in nero.
you are refering to WSES, a utility leaked (if my memory serves me correct) from liteon and there tech devision.

its a very usefull, yet dangerous program…in the liteon forum you will fine more information that you need.

enjoy.

Nero CD Speed does C2 scans, but the output is not very detailed. I prefer cdr-tools.

For C1, you need WSES and a LiteOn writer.

CDRtools is for red hat linux. Is there any windows program besides Nero CD speed to do a C2 check?

BTW I have tried to get Redhat before just to try someting different, but i got about .3k/sec and it’s 3 CDs long…

Originally posted by matt69x
Well i have nero and looked all around in CD speed wich i have used before and see nothing relating to this. Could you point me as to where it is.

You want the ScanDisc option, I think it is under the Extra’s features.

cdr-tools can be run under windows! Get the windows command line version here BTW this version has now a speed paramater, such as
readcd -dev=2,1,0 -c2scan -speed=32