C&C: Generals Help, CloneCD Alcohol120% TEAC CDW540E

vbimport

Burner: TEAC CD-W540E

I’m trying to copy C&C Generals, using Clone CD and Alcohol 120%. I’ve read up so far but am kind of new to the CD Copying scene. But anyway I guess I need to know if the CDW540E needs AWS or not, I don’t really wanna burn any coasters and wanna get the expert advice before I make anymore. I burnt like 5 coasters working on UT2004 Play Disc so I was a bit cautious to start trying again. Any help on either of the topics will be appreciated :smiley:

Originally posted by Encore2097
[B]Burner: TEAC CD-W540E

I’m trying to copy C&C Generals, using Clone CD and Alcohol 120%. I’ve read up so far but am kind of new to the CD Copying scene. But anyway I guess I need to know if the CDW540E needs AWS or not, I don’t really wanna burn any coasters and wanna get the expert advice before I make anymore. I burnt like 5 coasters working on UT2004 Play Disc so I was a bit cautious to start trying again. Any help on either of the topics will be appreciated :smiley: [/B]

You will need AWS (CloneCD), Bypass EFM error(Alcohol 120%) or Emulate Weak Sectors (BlindWrite) when burning. It may or may not work, that is just luck. You can always use emulation if all else fails. Tell us what settings you are using and what drive you are playing from. If you are playing from the Teac, which I think is a burner, you will need CloneCD’s Hide CD R Media, or Alcohol’s Ignore Media Type options enabled in their system trays.

Good Luck:)

You will need AWS (CloneCD), Bypass EFM error(Alcohol 120%) or Emulate Weak Sectors (BlindWrite) when burning.

How would I go about enabling these features since I live in the US. I found and tried the Registery hack for CCD4 however it kept saying CCD was not installed. And I cannot seem to find anyway to get the Alcohol 120% and I havent even looked at BlindWrite yet since i just mostly use CloneCD and Alcohol 120%. Thanks

Well after more reading I’ve answered my previous question now the thing is. My friend made a back-up @ his house and the back-up works exactly like the original. No emulation of any sort or anything like that it acts like a 1:1 and plays and installs on my TEAC Burner. Is it possible for me to do this as well? Or is it specifically his hardware that let him make such a nice copy? Also can I test the images on a CD-RW so I don’t end up with more coasters? I tried to make one already on a CD-RW it just loads forever when I start the game and I end up having to close the game with Ctrl + Alt + Del.

Made a back up with CloneCD plays in CD-RW w/ a CD-RW disc, will try to burn as a CD-R now. Yay, used CloneCD Profile that was SafeDisc 2 w/ AWS and works like a charm no emulation or any tricks of any kind works great. Thanks!

Glad you got it sorted out.:slight_smile:

Ever heard of back-ups working for a little while and then not working? I keep getting Generals.exe made an error when I use my back-up now :confused: Maybe I’ll try a reinstall later after I beat this USA campaign :smiley:

EDIT: Didnt patch C&C or anything of the sort, havent mutilated the CD-R or anything